• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fontana run

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yes it was a great day! Got a bunch of stuff I dont need as usual. Figured out my fuel milage and its only a hair over 9mpg. I was expecting better but was running at the max rpm most the way to and from. I got a wonderful surprise at the fuel station when I got back. The rear main I replaced last month was puking oil out of the bell housing drain plug. Last time it went out was when I drove out to Fontana in the duece. I guess they dont like 1 1/2 hours straight of max RPM. :cry:

offroadrunner

Yes, it was an excellent day; got many parts I knew I needed - but I'm sure I'll find more to get as I go around the truck installing them. I guess I'll start a list for when we go again.

Also wanted to say it was good to meet all you guys and thanks for helping out a newb. Looking forward to next time and actually getting mine road-worthy - which is made much easier with the helpful input from you folks. Thanks again!

hole

It was good to see everyone again although I got there late ( no tacos for me:cry: ) For me it was a banner day, I found a like new Deuce boarding ladder so I'm happy as a pig in ****. As always its a good day in Fontana and it was extra cool to see Bigmike show up ( although his arrival did seem to bring rain to the normally dry So Cal. Hmmm....)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are the pics brother Will?
Tomorrow man, I'm noddin' out and starting to drool here. Two full days, first the Playboy shoot then the bone yard, too much in one weekend, i'm pooped!
Congrats on the promotion Kenny!

hole

Playboy shoot? I'm quite disapointed in you . How much chaos could two guys with the same name cause at a photo shoot with 1/2 naked women and you didnt bring your evil twin along? :doh:

ems4ty

Glad I could be there to hang out with everyone. I was just there for moral support... Anyways, good luck to all and noticed a few had some really great finds! Offroadrunner, if you need a hand with servicing the brakes, just let me know. A totally unexpected suprise from BigMike and his lovely wife! Awesome that you two could show up and can't wait till you move back to So. Cal!!!

Take er easy,

-Tyler

Had a great time as always with the brotherhood. Got to meet the "Other Will" and OffRoadRunner finally and rekindle old gossip with Tyler, Devin, Mike, Will, and Floyd. Seeing Big Mike was a great surprise.

My biggest haul was a towbar from Tyler but that's about all I budgeted for. I did get a new seat cushion for the spring seat, a NATO adapter for the 2 prong jumper cables, a couple of lower radiator hoses, and some new NIB brake cylinders. Thanks for pointing those out to me Tyler.

I may be heading back down there as I have a buddy here that I may have talked into a 5 ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks