• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fontana truck center not picking up the phone?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all i have a bit of a issue.. need some advice Fontana truck center is not picking up there phones nor returning my messages. and i don't want to leave the truck I've won and paid for in there yard longer then necessary. What should i do? go there with the invoice in my hand or wait for them to call me??

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Call the main office ever day after you call the lot every day. Let the Az office know the delay is not your fault.

DrillerSurplus

I've had pretty good luck reaching them if I call early - say before 9AM; not so good in the afternoon.

I agree with gimpyrobb that if you want to increase your odds of getting a response to your message, call the Scottsdale home office, especially if it is getting to be a problem or if you are up against abandonment deadline.

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks driller I'll call before 9 am does anyone know what time they open? and I'll call the Scottsdale office by Wednesday if i cant get ahold of them

I had a truck picked up there a couple weeks back, called main office, asked to arrange a pickup, was connected to someone at that office (main office) with a time for pick up. They worked with me on when I could pick up, even gave me a 2 day window, Weds or Thurs of the week I called.
Good luck

Artisan

The MV truck stock at Fontana is over 50% DOWN from where I am "used"
to seeing it. They are understaffed and it is in FONTANA which just another
word for LOS ANGELES and that = DESERT. hot Hot HOT! Your in Pasadena,
just run out there and do the deed bro! You are only 11 minutes farther away
from them then me. If you need some help PM me, if I can I will, knowledge is
always free and available in copious amounts... ;-)

Monrovia we be

Artisan

PS, they will not be calling you back nor doing ANYTHING extra for you.
Their nice folks but again, UNDERSTAFFED. Alls they want from you after
you win anything is for you to show up and get yer ship outta there w/o
issue, and be quick about it! ;-)

Artisan

HE|| YES !

They do not want to talk to you! Just go bro! Its YOUR truck now!

All's you need is your drivers license.

Make sure you insure it and get to the gettin'!

(But I do not think they will make sure you have insurance the
same way they do not care if the blinkers work! It is your
truck, your responsibility!~ )

GO!

Artisan

Anyone can show up at the Fontana Facility anytime.
They do not require an appointment. If it says that,
well, just another issue...

M-F

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
8 calls got me someone. They made an appointment for 5 weeks later for me to pickup. I asked about the 10 day rule and was told it only applies if I didn't call to make an appt. This has been a few months but that was my experience.

Something tells me that if you just show up they'll turn you away. Ymmv.

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 weeks later what the ****? whys that? I cant have my truck siting in a yard that I've heard story's about stealing crap off trucks. for 5 weeks... I paid for it they are holding my property....sigh .

MtnSnow

Show up there on Monday or Tuesday with your paid in full invoice at 9am and your Drivers license and insurance and within an hour you will be out of there... No way in **** would my truck stay there any longer than it has to. With you being from Vegas/Passadena it's only a couple of hours for you to get anyways if they give you any problems and then you can get an appointment for the next morning..

Artisan

Just walk in there Monday morning w/ your PAID IN FULL Invoice, and DL.

Walk in the door and take your 2nd right into, is it Shannons? Office?

Just say I am here fo rmy truck, hand her your PIFI and DL and you will be
done in nothing flat.

I had a truck picked up there a couple weeks back, called main office, asked to arrange a pickup, was connected to someone at that office (main office) with a time for pick up. They worked with me on when I could pick up, even gave me a 2 day window, Weds or Thurs of the week I called.
Good luck
I think there might be some over reactions being posted, my quote above was from 3 weeks ago. Pick up the phone, call GL's Scottsdale office and make a appointment "easy peazy"
No need to speculate, either way.

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show up there on Monday or Tuesday with your paid in full invoice at 9am and your Drivers license and insurance and within an hour you will be out of there... No way in **** would my truck stay there any longer than it has to. With you being from Vegas/Passadena it's only a couple of hours for you to get anyways if they give you any problems and then you can get an appointment for the next morning..

Wont have insurance till Monday sometime after I have the truck AAA wants to see the truck and state farm too, but I will have insurance and a temp tag from the DMV before I drive it back to Las Vegas

MuleMac01

Steel Soldiers Supporter
**** update**** went to pick up the truck today. Showed up at 7AM second person there and they gave it to me without a Appointment. Drove the truck back to Las Vegas with no issues what so ever thanks guys for all your help in this matter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks