• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For Only $2500 You Can Have a Toilet

ToddJK

I'll say having a comfy pooper sure helps! I just use a bucket with a liner and a toilet lid that snaps on. When I didn't have it, that one time during my lunch break while out hunting, on my way down the trail back to the truck, I almost souled myself I had to go so bad. I gave in, fertilized a tree, and who knows how many leaves and worm eggs ended in my butt 🤷
I bought that bucket and toilet lid from Cabela's later that day. The next day, had to go again, but this time I was prepared. And to think, I snapped this photo while taking a dump in the woods...

Attachments

INFChief

Just dig a slit trench, cat hole, or haul 1/2 of a 55 gallon drum around. Kids get outta line pour diesel on the crap bucket and give ‘em a long stick to stir it up to make sure it all gets burned. Follow me for cheap camping tips and parental advice to discipline your brats. You’re welcome.

Last edited:

coachgeo

if you have wondered over treks like The Rubicon Trail, Moab, Hiking trails or any other popular-ish (or someday maybe) you will discover the reason for full carry it in... carry it out. There is goobs of poop behind every bush and smells wafer thru the air. It gets disgusting and disease spreading.

Options

>leave your poop there in piles behind bushes.. after your gone the animals get into it..... spread it around..... attracts flies..... disease grows
> dig a hole- Many places are to difficult, impossible to dig a hole. Even if you get a hole after your gone the animals un-dig it..... spread it around..... attracts flies..... disease grows
> bucket- if you honestly take it home and put it in the toilet fine. RV dump site, fine too. Local Sewer Treatment plant (often has free RV dump area ), great. If you put it in the a trash bin...... while it is technically legal...... same issue as above... might happen by the trash can/bin or at the local land fill... animals dig in it breaking bag open..... spread it around..... attracts flies..... disease grows

Forrest service has closed many areas off from public because of the above. For sake of your kids/grand kids ability to visit national park lands etc... PACK YOUR SHIT IN / PACK YOUR SHIT OUT (and dispose of properly)

1. I don't trust those fancy bag it toilets... it helps nothing when you throw it out, ends up same as bucket bags as described above
2. Compost toilets are a lie...... they are 1/4 to 1/2 compost toilets. Not of real value unless you store it for hmmm a year? to fully compost or have a compost area at your home to let the full process complete. If you put it in trash as most do before FULL composting.. same as bucket above.
3. If you are not will to do #2 above (pardon the pun) to full compost.... then collect duplicate an RV set up using a bucket/cassette toilet / portable RV tank and dump it at an RV sewer dump site or a added dump pipe into your own sewer at home.

what to do then

> compost toilet... as mentioned and build you a animal protected compost area at your house and let it fully complete. spread in your bush/flowers/trees around your house.
> Incinerate.- the best for disposal.... but most expensive
> dehydrate- use exhaust heat orr? to dehydrate it. kills the bacteria. leaves you with a burnable Log/briquette, ball of poop and biomass like cow patties you throw on a camp fire or in your Cubit Mini wood stove to heat your camper habitat. leaning this way myself via a compost like toilet.

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you have wondered over treks like The Rubicon Trail, Moab, Hiking trails or any other popular-ish (or someday maybe) you will discover the reason for full carry it in... carry it out. There is goobs of poop behind every bush and smells wafer thru the air. It gets disgusting and disease spreading.

Options

>leave your poop there in piles behind bushes.. after your gone the animals get into it..... spread it around..... attracts flies..... disease grows
> dig a hole- Many places are to difficult, impossible to dig a hole. Even if you get a hole after your gone the animals un-dig it..... spread it around..... attracts flies..... disease grows
> bucket- if you honestly take it home and put it in the toilet fine. RV dump site, fine too. Local Sewer Treatment plant (often has free RV dump area ), great. If you put it in the a trash bin...... while it is technically legal...... same issue as above... might happen by the trash can/bin or at the local land fill... animals dig in it breaking bag open..... spread it around..... attracts flies..... disease grows

Forrest service has closed many areas off from public because of the above. For sake of your kids/grand kids ability to visit national park lands etc... PACK YOUR SHIT IN / PACK YOUR SHIT OUT (and dispose of properly)

1. I don't trust those fancy bag it toilets... it helps nothing when you throw it out, ends up same as bucket bags as described above
2. Compost toilets are a lie...... they are 1/4 to 1/2 compost toilets. Not of real value unless you store it for hmmm a year? to fully compost or have a compost area at your home to let the full process complete. If you put it in trash as most do before FULL composting.. same as bucket above.
3. If you are not will to do #2 above (pardon the pun) to full compost.... then collect duplicate an RV set up using a bucket/cassette toilet / portable RV tank and dump it at an RV sewer dump site or a added dump pipe into your own sewer at home.

what to do then

> compost toilet... as mentioned and build you a animal protected compost area at your house and let it fully complete. spread in your bush/flowers/trees around your house.
> dehydrate- use exhaust heat orr? to dehydrate it. kills the bacteria. leaves you with a burnable Log/briquette, ball of poop and biomass like cow patties you throw on a camp fire or in your Cubit Mini wood stove to heat your camper habitat. leaning this way myself via a compost like toilet.
So your trying to say NO pooping in plastic bag and trying to hit speed limit signs at 70 mph with the bag ??????? And your/i going to get a stern talking to for typing the word T.I.H.S twice in this thread BAD BAD BAD and i even pointed out that 700 yrs ago this word was stamped on all fragile/ could not get wet cargo being loaded on ships ! Its an acronym for SHIP HIGH IT TRANSIT ! All of the ships had water problems in the very bottom of the hull so there are my jewels of knowledge for today .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What happened to a man sitting down on the thrown and letting the fruit hang into the cool water to help him gather his thoughts ? Dont forget if your in this truck taking a dump your probably on vacation/camping so dont rule out the little things that makes it a vacation ! Get ya a water ran toilet and live a little ! Me finger printing bags/cartriges full of crap is in no way what i consider anything but B.S. and not on my list of things to do every couple of days not even in jail !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Options

what to do then

Your really giving poop a bad rap ! POOP is in our every day lives laying out in fields and poop mounds 40 ft high out in Abilene POOP is good cause ive got to have a bowl of mushrooms every week to eat and every sunkist orange you ever put in your mouth out of florida was fertilized with human waste so spread the wealth a little poop under a bush is just fertilizer just dont leave the bag ! And remember SHIT HAPPENS !

coachgeo

Your really giving poop a bad rap ! POOP is in our every day lives laying out in fields and poop mounds 40 ft high out in Abilene POOP is good cause ive got to have a bowl of mushrooms every week to eat and every sunkist orange you ever put in your mouth out of florida was fertilized with human waste so spread the wealth a little poop under a bush is just fertilizer just dont leave the bag ! And remember SHIT HAPPENS !
you've supported same things I said lol..... aka......... we both are saying deal with poop in some manner of a controlled condition.

PS-Abilene piles is big animal poop.... different than human poop. Mother nature more attuned to dealing with it. Then again piles and rain have caused issues with getting into human water supplies on occasion... Human Poop Mother nature not as good at breaking it down cleanly... with medicines in it etc. makes it even harder.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you've supported same things I said lol..... aka......... we both are saying deal with poop in some manner of a controlled condition.

PS-Abilene piles is big animal poop.... different than human poop. Mother nature more attuned to dealing with it. Then again piles and rain have caused issues with getting into human water supplies on occasion... Human Poop Mother nature not as good at breaking it down cleanly... with medicines in it etc. makes it even harder.
When i was a kid i used to go to the city of Huston Tx sewer dept with my grain buggy and they would take a rubber tired loader and fill my trailer up with what looked like nestles quick chocolate powder and i would haul it to sunkist growers Wahchula Fl and they poured human waste on all thier orange groves and that amazed me all to hell but i like them big fat oranges so we are not going to get out of here alive i promise ! lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks