• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For the Armor Junkies... T-72M1 Ride Along

Augdog1964

Hey all!

BiffJ and I decided to do some Spring lawn redecorating on Saturday... so come along on a T-72M1 High Speed ride along... we were able to get her 40km + and still needed more room for the final gear...

Amazing 800 HP Supercharged power slides too! A pic first for perspective...

DSC_1723.jpg

And now the video...

http://youtu.be/YkSd2FQO22k

She's an amazing machine! Its no wonder the '72 scared the crap out of us when she first showed...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When is the work party for changing the tracks scheduled? I'm hoping I have no conflicts. :)

Very nice video.....and T72 of course.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool, one reason I play the Lotto when it's up there. Let us know when it needs a tune up.
JC

BiffJ

Sorry the video is so wobbly.... I was holding on for dear life sitting on top of the turret. 25mph doesn't seem like a lot but with 46 tons of steel underneath you it seems pretty fast. The rear end of this baby slides really well in the high speed turns and we had a lot of wet dirt to clean off the wheels when we were done. So much for the tank barn we just swept out. The video doesn't do this thing justice....the scream from the supercharger is amazing and this tank steers better than any of the others at any speed. I hope we never have to change the track on this one but the T54 and T62 should be getting done this summer when its warm and we can get out where its flat and the tanks won't sink. We got the new track for the T54 unloaded off the trailer once the T72 was back in the barn. That Mk48 is a wondrous machine with the cute little crane on the back. Rubber blocked steel track is a lot heavier than it looks too. I'm sure Dave will run the contact list when we get it lined up....not sure if we'll need a lot of help or just a bigger audience to call the ambulances but the more the merrier....

Attachments

wb1895

Alright, thats it........If you won't actually take me as you long lost son, can I at least pretend I am your long lost son? I don't require any upkeep and I clean up after myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks