• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ford Tractor Airplane Tug

Memphisdoug

My neighbor recently obtained a Ford tractor airplane tug and would like to know more about it. The data plate inside says it is a model 21201-77 made in 1964. The engine block also has that number stamped into it. On the side of the hood it says 64D 555. Right now the engine is froze up but he would like to at least get it running again. He was told it had a torque convertor in it but it appears to have a regular Ford tractor manual transmission and clutch pedal. Does anyone have any information they can share?

Attachments

RANDYDIRT

I used to drive one like it 30 yrs ago... If memory serves me correctly it does have a torque converter. It kinda lets you maneuver around aircraft easier. We never pulled aircraft with them though. Just ground equipment.

Dirt

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks