• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Kit Instalation

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stock axle vents probably keep out the water alright. A kit like this is for someone who is going to spend a little more time "in the drink" and wants to step up the protection a bit.
You are aware of the "after fording" maintenance procedures for the deuce, right?...and that includes driving in as little water as 18 inches or so.

kurtkds

I can look when I get home, but if I remember correctly the fitting size is 1/8 npt. The tubing size under the dash is 5/16" and yes the air supply is T'd off from the air switch for the transfer case. You will find that the tubing fittings under there are flare fittings, not compression fittings. so if you want to keep it looking stock then you will need flare fittings and a flaring tool. Other wise use standard compression fittings.

hklvette

I know this is an old subject, but for what its worth, my Deuce has an opening on the back of the air cleaner close to the firewall that the slobber tube can be redirected to with some work. I did this on mine to prevent the fumes from reaching the cab and to make both the slobber tube and filter housing water-tight.

jesusgatos

That fitting is for the air compressor intake, and if you run the slobber-tue to it without any type of CCV or anything, you run the risk of that tube collecting gunk and building pressure in your engine, and/or blowing out engine oil and soot and whatever else all over your air filter. Maybe not the best idea...

hklvette

That fitting is for the air compressor intake, and if you run the slobber-tue to it without any type of CCV or anything, you run the risk of that tube collecting gunk and building pressure in your engine, and/or blowing out engine oil and soot and whatever else all over your air filter. Maybe not the best idea...

The part about oil getting on the filter is certainly valid, but the opening is about 1" diameter. I'll look in the TMs, but I find it hard to believe that its for the compressor intake at that size. In either case, thanks for the input :)

jesusgatos

Just search SS. It's for the air compressor. Promise. I hooked mine up that way, and so have a lot of other members. If you search for topics related to 'slobber tube', you'll find a few good ideas as far as what you can do with that tube.

hklvette

Last edited:

HawkeyeMech

Anyone know if/how this will work on a 900 series truck?

I was also wondering if there was a good spot in the cab where I could pull air for the air-ride seat I just bought. Its a mil-spec seat so I just need to pull air for the bladder and it uses Parker type tubing and fittings.

Thanks!

-Subscribing!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks