• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fording kit

jwaller

you and about 30 other people. if you find one you'll be lucky. about the best you can do is make your own snorkel and run the axle vents up to the air filter can.

acetomatoco

Remember you want one for the Mulitfuel... I think.. Cuz deuce applies to CCKW, M135, M35, M35A2 etc... I have a fording kit for a M135/M211 if anyone wants it....cute little snorkel goes in the cab and hooks to the pipe coming out of the dash... ACE

jasonjc

it send low psi air into the bell housing to keep water out. And I think there is a handle in the dash for some other vales some where.

acetomatoco

In the gas engined M35 and Jeeps etc... the crankcase vent valve are cut off by pulling the T-handle...fording control...This pressurizes the crankcase and keeps water out... but if you have excessive blowby or weak seals, the oil goes out underpressure in areas you never thought possible...That is why fording valves on most surplus vehicles were wired in the open position... ACE

FreightTrain

Banned
a true fording kit would be easy to make.Just need a stack that hooks to the air filter can and goes about level with the stack and has the mushroom on top,then a hose from the slobber tube running up said stack to just under the shroom,then a smaller line runs from the Air Compressor to the nipple on the filter can.Finally,you will need a low pressure regulator(very low) and a front axle air switch to pressurize the Bell Housing.That is pretty much the entire fording kit.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ninja, When we get to gether to do your seals i'll show you my fording kit and how they work. Here in houston, You never know when you need it.

CanonNinja

ken said:
Ninja, When we get to gether to do your seals i'll show you my fording kit and how they work. Here in houston, You never know when you need it.
I'm up for it.. its still seeping a bit, but the boot i got was a zippered when I wanted/ordered a 1-piece :evil:

ONTOS66

With our current weather in the North East (a "Nor' Easter) there are a lot of people who wish that they had a fording kit (or would if they knew what one did). My section of highway was okay, but had to close ramps due to flooding on local streets. Commuters get very confused when they have to find an alternate route to work.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to drill ant tap the bell housing for the fitting. The blue print shows at the top of the housing.

greensix

My bell housing had a plug in the hole on driver side about halfway down housing. air switch for fording kit and air shift share same air supply steps bellhousing air down to about 2psi.with a regulator.make sure air intake and turbo toob go up almost even with exhaust stack. run hose from air compressor to air element housing.it is not a bad idea to change all your breather vents to keep water out of oil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks