• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forest Gump '88 M35A2C Recovery Kleiver Armory

Canislupus

Hey Mike Congrats on The Gump. I actually went out twice to check it out, and I did bid on it, sorry to cost you a few bucks more, but we all have our limits. Appears you have a really Sweet one there. Take good care of him.

wsucougarx

D'oh, so you're the one who I was bidding against. I was hoping it wasn't a fellow SS. Oh well:) Yah, if I were getting this truck for myself I would have stopped early. However, I was after the split braking system for my wife. It was a definate bonus to get the air o matic w/her. I got the opportunity to really check her out and test out the air-o-matic;-)

Canislupus

Canislupus- Is that the M109A3 that was at Withycombe a few weeks ago? I bid on that one as well:wink:

Yup that's the 109A3 from Withycomb. Just got the Title to it today as a matter of fact. Pretty nice truck, pass window was all jammed up, but I finally got it freed up. Other than that, nothing really wrong with it. Has a decent Air Horn on it, (Needed Cleaned) but Stepped up to a Leslie RS3L and will have use of both after the Leslie gets here. Both at the same time would be SCARY. I just told my girlfriend you bought Gump for your wife... I don't think she understands. I do. I was actually on my Cell phone with a buddy of mine down in Durango, CO trying to talk to him during all the F-15 Flybys, so I can relate to that for sure.

Canislupus

Got something for you... I think I took these before you got to it. and NO, I didn't lift the Fire Extinguisher, somebody else did between my first and second trip. GOOD Looking Truck, but also being driven by the correct person.

Canis

Attachments

wsucougarx

Excellent, thanks for the pics. I love the big seagull poo on the driver's side. Guess what, it's still there:oops: One of these days I'll wash her.

wsucougarx

Kind of weird to find the slave cable receptacle on the inside of the cab. I'm sure there was a good reason for doing that. Oh no worries on the fire extinguisher. I stowed it in the tool box:wink: From what I've been told, that truck has defaulted a couple times and has been there since Summer '08. Makes me wonder what has walked off the truck since then. Oh well, it's probably best that I didn't know:-0

Canislupus

Kind of weird to find the slave cable receptacle on the inside of the cab. I'm sure there was a good reason for doing that. Oh no worries on the fire extinguisher. I stowed it in the tool box:wink: From what I've been told, that truck has defaulted a couple times and has been there since Summer '08. Makes me wonder what has walked off the truck since then. Oh well, it's probably best that I didn't know:-0

No that shows MY Ignorance, because I just installed my New NATO Slave cable receptacle in the same place. So now there's 2 that have them mounted there.
I figured it was a good idea.
Thanks for getting me up to speed.

Canis

PS... Funny I was so ignorant back then, I didn't know about the Tool Box.
Still learning by Leaps & Bounds.

wsucougarx

Hey does that fuel heater work in your 109's box? Did you get any spoils in your toolbox? If not some things I would recommend to you. Gladhand airhose(hook into your emergency glad hand on the back of your truck to air up your tires), at least a 3 ton bottle jack, lug wrench w/handle for the front tires, geared lug wrench for the rears (3:1 ratio geared action), air compressor wrench (for changing out belt). Just to name a few

Canislupus

Yup that's the 109A3 from Withycomb. Just got the Title to it today as a matter of fact. Pretty nice truck, pass window was all jammed up, but I finally got it freed up. Other than that, nothing really wrong with it. Has a decent Air Horn on it, (Needed Cleaned) but Stepped up to a Leslie RS3L and will have use of both after the Leslie gets here. Both at the same time would be SCARY. I just told my girlfriend you bought Gump for your wife... I don't think she understands. I do. I was actually on my Cell phone with a buddy of mine down in Durango, CO trying to talk to him during all the F-15 Flybys, so I can relate to that for sure.

OK here goes... Finally got this thing all hooked up. HOLY CRAP, it Echoes all over the place. And being UNDER it sure helps, but in front of it... BAD IDEA.
I believe it's rated at 156 Decibels @ 100 feet @ 125 PSI, and it certainly seems to be that. The Tank on the Fender is a 10 Gallon $35.00 at Lowes. Will have to monitor and see if additional air is needed, but I think not. I also put in a check valve under the hood before the second T so the system doesn't have to keep repressurizing the 10 gallon tank.
Here's a Link to what it sounds like:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKTDx-vYPI&feature=related[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SaaJSs7T9A&feature=related[/media]

Any questions, hit me back.
Here's Pics.

Attachments

Canislupus

Hey does that fuel heater work in your 109's box? Did you get any spoils in your toolbox? If not some things I would recommend to you. Gladhand airhose(hook into your emergency glad hand on the back of your truck to air up your tires), at least a 3 ton bottle jack, lug wrench w/handle for the front tires, geared lug wrench for the rears (3:1 ratio geared action), air compressor wrench (for changing out belt). Just to name a few
Yup, fuel heater works. REALLY WELL. Had 4 little rolled up Tie Down straps, in the toolbox, that's all. Already bought a Gladhand with a 25 foot hose.
Got a mid sized roll around jack, but Bottle sounds WAY Better. Have to get one.
Got a Lug, and also 1/2 impact, but need 3/4 adapter.
So I'm good.
You going to Lacey Convoy in July?

"B"