• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forgot to mention, the mods have gotten out of control

rottiedog

This all started with doing a mild lift to "almost" fit some 36 inch tires. Lift caused some vibes. This is where things went off course.

To fix the vibe, I know have Dana 60s with 4:10s, Flip in the back with lower hanger on the front of the rear springs. New Driveshafts and a slip yoke eliminator on the transfer case. Brakelines and 8 bolt rims.....

I am sure there is more but the thing seems a little more bulletproof now.

Going to some 38s soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Elwenil

With that angle on the rear axle you should actually have a double cardan joint at the transfer case rear output. To keep the U-joints in sync, they must have similar angles on each end. Otherwise there is nothing to cancel out the elliptical motion of the U-joints rotation. With a double cardan joint, the dual U-joints cancel each other out and self equalize and the shaft stays inline with the pinion so the lower U-joint doesn't have an angle on it except during extreme suspension travel.

K45

I think your u joint angle would not be so bad but you have the slip yoke eliminator and it pushes the driveshaft back some, so that may throw your angle off a little.

I will say I have the same thing on my 79 k5. 1 tons, shackle flip but I have a 350, 203 set up and not the 400,208. Looks like you are on your way. I like your soft top.

Croatan_Kid

I still have yet to see this thing in person! :roll:

Oh, and I seen somebody coming out the back gate this past Monday driving a lifted M1008, first I thought it was you, but I remembered you had a Blazer. It had stacks, looked like something around 38s, and 8-bolt beadlocks :grin:

rottiedog

I still have yet to see this thing in person! :roll:

Oh, and I seen somebody coming out the back gate this past Monday driving a lifted M1008, first I thought it was you, but I remembered you had a Blazer. It had stacks, looked like something around 38s, and 8-bolt beadlocks :grin:

Not me but I think I passed you the other day but I was in my old lincoln. I have been driving the Deuce about once a week to work. THat is fun but I am half deaf from those trips.

Haven't seen the m1008 with stacks.

K45

I am sure there is more but the thing seems a little more bulletproof now.

So much for bulletproof. Sorry for your problems, but I think your vibrations was a tell signal of what was going to happen, but who would have thought your axle would come apart. I hope you get everything figured out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks