• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Foriegn sales of an M1083??

BRob18E

I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but I can't seem to locate it. But my question is, am I allowed to sell my M1083 to an overseas buyer in the Dominican Republic?
I know the items the require an EUC has restrictions on who you can sell too, but I am unaware of this for items without and I just wanted to double check with someone first before I went ahead with the sale. Anyone knowledge able in this would be a great help. I tried to Google the question, I tried looking up ATARs and can't seem to get an definitive answer.
Thanks for your time and help.

hippa

This is where you should start.

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/commodity_jurisdiction/index.html

Then here.

US State Department DDTC (202) 663-1282, or by e-mail at [email]DDTCResponseTeam@state.gov[/EMAIL]. Although telephone numbers for key personnel are provided elsewhere on this web site, please call the Response Team first when you have a question. The Response Team fields basic process and status questions, and assists exporters in identifying what they need to do to get answers to more complex questions involving issues substantively handled by DDTC's licensing and compliance offices. Every effort will be made to provide substantive responses within 24 hours of receiving inquiries. The Response Team's services are not a substitute or replacement for the advisory opinion, general correspondence, and commodity jurisdiction processes delineated in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Exporters should still use these mechanisms to obtain authoritative guidance from the Department on their export control issues.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try PMing member Country. They do a lot of overseas sales and might be able to answer your question.

hippa

[h=2]DDTC Response Team[/h] [h=3]Contact Information:[/h]

The DDTC Response Team provides responses to the full range of defense trade inquiries, and can significantly facilitate your defense trade solutions while affording licensing and other officers in DDTC more time for casework. By handling telephone calls from industry and the public, it supports the work of licensing and compliance officers by allowing them to focus on their core activities.
You can reach the Response Team by telephone at (202) 663-1282, or by e-mail at [email]DDTCResponseTeam@state.gov[/EMAIL]. Although telephone numbers for key personnel are provided elsewhere on this web site, please call the Response Team first when you have a question.

There is an ECCN on the LMTV so it looks like you need a permit. The ECCN is 9A018.b.

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...xport-controls-on-military-vehicles-and-parts

This rule revises Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) 9A018 on the CCL of the Export Administration Regulations to make clear that this ECCN applies to parts and components as well as to vehicles. This rule updates ECCN 9A018 to include unarmed all-wheel drive vehicles capable of off-road use that have been manufactured or fitted to provide a specified level of ballistic protection. This rule also clarifies that ECCN 9A018 does not include vehicles that are on the USML.Show citation box
This rule also revises Interpretation 8 in Part 770 of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which provides guidance relating to ECCN 9A018.b. Revised Interpretation 8 eliminates explanations of terms that are no longer used in the EAR. It employs language from the Wassenaar Arrangement Munitions List to distinguish military vehicles from civil vehicles. It also provides guidance to distinguish military vehicles subject to the export licensing jurisdiction of the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls from those subject to the export licensing jurisdiction of the Bureau of Industry and Security.

Rolling Chassis for Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles M1083 5 Ton CargoOshkosh CorporationRolling Chassis used for Non-Combat Cargo TruckECCN 9A018.b.04/28/2011

Dbwalker

I tried to send a m105 trailer to Bahamas DLA said no problem but customs seized it and took it too Miami to get it back is stupid problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks