• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

forklift victim

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently got an M1028 from the state of Pa, truck that was for fire service but not put into service because of "previously unknown repairs" Truck has the usual bent driveshaft and a truly "broken" transmission. Even so, for $660, truck was a bargain. PLUS: No EUC, no GL fees, great help with pickup, 39K and in good shape.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Second photo makes it look as though the backhoe's arm and bucket was mounted on the M1008......what a great idea!

motormayhem

That looks like my truck after some off roading with an unknown, but short drive shaft. I broke the transmission, t-case, and adapter. I can't help but wonder if some of that stuff was a forklift job.

84cucv1ton

thats a steal. thought mine was good for 1300. flywheel and a starter and in good to go. not a spec of rust and perfectly straight 46k. some pics :-D

Attachments

ralbelt

I may need a front transmission pump for my M1008. If I can't find one locally are you interested in selling the front pump from your broken trans if its still good.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently got an M1028 from the state of Pa, truck that was for fire service but not put into service because of "previously unknown repairs" Truck has the usual bent driveshaft and a truly "broken" transmission. Even so, for $660, truck was a bargain. PLUS: No EUC, no GL fees, great help with pickup, 39K and in good shape.
Gm725K10,

Check to make sure that the transfer case has the REQUIRED support bracket.

If it's missing and you do not replace it, you WILL end up with another brokend tailshaft.

If you put that much unsupported weight at the rear of the tranny, it will work OK for a while, but in the long run, it will snap the tailshaft.

Just like yours did.

At least that's what I found that had happened to mine. LONG STORY that I will report on in a few weeks. Again, it's a long story.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already have swapped out trans and transfercase from the rusted out M1028 with the wrong ip. Truck looks a little better now, runs and moves under its own power. Hint: when swapping trans/transfer case, leave them bolted together, LEAVE the crossmember ON, swapped both out in less than a day. Crossmember helps for balance for reinstallation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks