• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Forklifts on IronPlanet

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh I bought a forklift from Govplanet. They kept using it between lotting and when I picked it up. They ruined the tires, smashed the hydraulics and spilled out the all hydraulic fluid. Of course tires and hydraulics were not covered on the "ironclad" warranty. Very unhappy.

OPFORMI

My company buys pretty much all of our equipment from either IronPlanet or Ritchie (which according to reports will be one and the same pretty soon). Remember GovPlanet and IronPlanet sell completely different equipment. GP is mostly used up DoD equipment, whereas IronPlanet equipment is auctioned on behalf of a seller. That seller maintains possession of the equipment until it is sold and picked up. The seller normally isn't going to do anything to the equipment after it is inspected since they are trying to get the most money for equipment they no longer need. Never had an issue with IronPlanet equipment, GovPlanet stuff is definitely more of a dice roll...IMHO

OPFORMI

From what our Sales Rep (on both sides) are telling us is that IP/GP will remain a separate entity for the most part, almost like Mascus is for Ritchie and Kruse Energy and CAT Auction Services is for IronPlanet. The way it was explained was that IronPlanet would continue to do the Online Stuff and Ritchie continue on with the Brick and Mortar live on-site auctions. Here is the news release from Ritchie after the Department of Justice approved the merger...Interesting times ahead https://www.rbauction.com/media/new...17/20170518-rba-ip-secure-antitrust-clearance