• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Form 97 with purchase?

papakb

I just bought a nice 101A3 at Sierra AD and was not given a Form 97 when it was picked up. Now GLwants to charge me $60 for the Form 97.

Since that particular From 97 only has relevance to me, the original purchaser and was turned over to GL with the trailer, why should I have to pay an additional $60 for it???

Shouldn't Form 97s be included when you purchase a vehicle?

Kurt

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ever gone into a dealership to buy a car? They charge you $125 plus just to handle the paperwork. GL operates on the same principle.

Any vehicle that can have a SF-97 will cost you $60 and 30+ days.

It is in the fine print and you agreed to it when you bid. Sorry.

Warren Lovell

The SF97 is generated for you. That's why the form asks you for year, make, model, etc.
And yes, it is another way for GL to get money from you. It probably takes a few minutes to type out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The SF97 is generated for you. That's why the form asks you for year, make, model, etc.
And yes, it is another way for GL to get money from you. It probably takes a few minutes to type out.
Actually the SF-97 is generated with GLs name and then they generate an assignment form.. Your are giving GL the info so they can get a SF-97 for themselfs......:|

This is assuming that you live in a state that will accept an SF-97, if not then you will get a Florida Title.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is assuming that you live in a state that will accept an SF-97, if not then you will get a Florida Title.
So that's how that works? I always wondered why some people get a title and some get the SF-97. Is there any way to request a Florida title instead of the SF-97 even if your state does accept the 97?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So that's how that works? I always wondered why some people get a title and some get the SF-97. Is there any way to request a Florida title instead of the SF-97 even if your state does accept the 97?
Simply put....NO

They will only supply title for states that have "refused" to accept the SF-97s. I don't know which ones.

My understanding is that GL is a Used Car Dealer in Florida and can "re-assign" the SF-97s

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Kurt the only way you will get a SF97, no bidders fee and paying tax on your bid is to buy from GSA. When the DRMO/DLA ran the show it was free sf97, no tax, no fees those days like the 10 cent Coke are long gone!

area52

If you buy a car from a dealer, you DO NOT HAVE TO PAY TO GET A TITLE!! I have argued this point several times on here. A title should come with a vehicle/trailer by LAW!!! You are paying the dealer to reassign it in your name, which you can just as easily do your self and for less $$.

The same applies to GL. The only reason that people in FL get a title is because they were pressured to issue titles there. In most states, any person or company that sells more than 5 vehicles is a "dealer" and fall under dealer laws. No one has taken GL to court over it so they get away with charging $60 for a SF97.

When I bought my first deuce when GL was young (2001) they actually gave me an AZ title with it for FREE!!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A title should come with a vehicle/trailer by LAW!!!
That's the way I understand it. Most states (if not all) have laws that if you sell a motor vehicle you MUST provide a title within a short period of time (I think in TN it's something like 10 days).

This and the dealer thing are just a few of the many laws GL breaks every day. Somehow they get away with it.

I will also say that it's fine line between trying to get GL to do right and pushing too hard. Some people may remember that for a period of time a few years ago GL quit issuing sf97s for all vehicles. They could go back to that policy if people push too hard or just decide to scrap them.

65 m151a1

GL is a contractor for the government

Government Liquidation is run by a contract with contracted employee's and so it makes them a private intitny and not government intitny and thats the way states look at it.

Before when it was DRMO they issued a SF Form 97 in the states that accepted it and the ones that didn't was issued a certificate of title.

Contractors will add charges when the government did it for nothing.

Later 65 m151a1

ranchhopper

Our state no longer accepts SF-97s from GL but they do accept them from the GSA something to do with being reassigned by GL and not directly from the government like the GSA now we get arizona titles in illinois.

GPappy

Hmmm, so to get the trailer I just purchased titled in Michigan I have to pay an additional 60 to get an SF97? The purchase receipt is not enough????

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's pretty bad when the contractor is worse than the bureaucracy that contracted them. I only recently discovered how painful the process was, but I suppose it's the price we pay for somewhat below retail prices on gov't equipment you're not going to get anywhere else. Government Liquidation could probably make the process less painful, but it's all about the $$, any way they can get it from you. Plus, they're just about the only game in town so we're left with no choice. Like it, or leave it. Unless we band together and form a company that can out-bid GL next time the contract comes up... :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks