• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Formal Introduction

So I have been searching/watching/etc. around on steelsoldiers for almost a year now, finding info and such, and have been a member for several months, made 30 odd posts, but have never really introduced myself. So here it goes. My name is Ben, I am 19, live in the great state of Wisconsin, and am going to school at NE Wisc. Tech for diesel technology right now. I traded my beloved 1983 Chevy Caprice (wish i wouldn't have traded it away) for a spectacular looking 1986 M1008 with about 30,000mi. this past May (2007). Not long after i bought it the head gasket started leaking. I fixed that and then ran into numerous other problems (mostly electrical) and still have not gotten to really enjoy my truck, due to persisting problems and not enough time to diagnose/repair them. (there have been times I almost wanted to give up but I think the truck is totally awesome)
Anyways I have received some help diagnosing stuff from you guys on the forums. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, Ben!

I see you have a M1008 with the rare "arctic ballast/anti-sway package"! You WI guys sure get a lot of snow!

OSO

Greetings Ben! I 'm from Milwaukee[ they used to make BEER there] :beer: Live out in WA. now.Was back in MKE on 12/07/07 had a little snow when there. Don't lose hope on your truck. I started to go over to work on mine on Monday this week , got phone call for plumbing work down in Seattle . Stuck down there till finished with job. Or should I say committed. Just what on God's Green earth are you on? We need a better pic. [thumbzup]

Haha, yeah the truck cap is from my old F250...I had no place to put it...but I'm thinking about painting it OD.
As for the avatar. I have no idea what it is. I found it on google...it's some home-made South American truck.
OSO, I live in Ozaukee Co. not too far from MKE. It snowed a ton in December 2nd snowiest December on record. It's so damn cold this week...so I have to get it into the shop at school somehow. I hope your job goes quick so you can get the truck going good.
Yeah I should be able to get a decent picture of it soon...possibly today.

Oh I was wondering if anyone had a good CUCV fuel filter base they would sell?? Mines leaking occasionally near the pressure sensor and I'm pretty sure thats part of the reason my truck wont start. CCATLETT1984 said he might have one left...but just incase he doesnt...

86M10086.2L

If you can't get another fuel filter base, you can eliminate the pressure switch and just tap it and plug it with a screw. Also if you want to go one step further and you plan on keeping th truck for a while you can do what I did and eliminate the water drain and air bleed screws and replace them with brass needle valves. you again have to tap out the base but it makes bleeding the system much cleaner and easier. (At least to me)

Attachments

Armada

Oh I was wondering if anyone had a good CUCV fuel filter base they would sell?? Mines leaking occasionally near the pressure sensor and I'm pretty sure thats part of the reason my truck wont start. CCATLETT1984 said he might have one left...but just incase he doesnt...
Memphis Equipment sells the complete unit, NOS with filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks