• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Formal introduction

pinzgauer pete

Hi all, well I have finally taken the plunge and added to my small collection of MV's I started this hobby with the purchase of a pinzgauer 710m that I have enjoyed for over 3 years now but always wanted some American steel, after much research and thinking about the best bang for the buck I decided that the m35a2 was a vehicle that is practical in so many different aspects and would serve me in both a hobby and utilitarian aspect. Last year I went to home depot and bought a ton of wood pellets for my stove and fit them all nicely in the back of my pinz but thought it would be so nice to pickup four tons in one shot and be done with it. I guess that was my justification for the deuce. I looked at the normal route of GL and decided against it since I do not live close to any site that was selling deuces when I looked and since I did not have another vehicle that could tow a deuce I decided against a long distance recovery. Last week I came across a really nice solid deuce close to my area, negotiated a fair price and went to pick it up with a few friends. I paid the money got the paperwork and started to drive her home.. about 3 miles into the trip we realized that the transmission was flawed and the 2-3 synchro was toast, drove it back to the previous owner who graciously refunded my money. I was disappointed to say the least but felt fortunate that I was not facing a transmission rebuid right out of the starting gate. I soon after found another on ebay and after alot of questions took the plunge. We recovered this one from PA, about 400 miles away again with a friend in tow. The deuce looked excellent ran perfect had a new paint job in correct military paint and a new top, I was happy and off we went, about 2 hours later we stopped to fuel up and check the vitals to my horror we saw oil pouring out of the back of the engine( rear main was shot) since we were so far away and there was still oil in the crankcase I decided to chance it buying several gallons of oil and some STP treatment and off we went. The rest of the trip was uneventful as far as setbacks. I contacted the former owner and he graciously decided to pay for the parts to repair the vehicle and I will provide the work. I am looking forward to having this truck perfect soon and going to rallys to meet up with alot of you.:beer:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks