• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Former M220 shop van?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started life as this. Back of your frame is whacked off. Bed and whatever is left of crane is scrap. Box on fender don't belong there.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a fantastic first post Early Deuce photo and a big welcome to Steel Soldiers. Pictures are always helpful and we need to do some digging on the M220. There's a number on the front passenger frame rail next to the shock mount, hiding behind the passenger tire. It should match the data plate but sometimes it doesn't. Canadian M220's were actually mounted on M207 CDN cab and chassis....but we called them M220's so we might get a surprise.

23561463_1314381155355248_1337220314259062397_n.jpg

The dash data-plates or even complete cabs can get changed out so it's good to see that stamp. There are a few places we're tracking the numbers and a few boys are digging into data bases to find history on the Canadian side. I always hold hope we can find more about the history of the trucks but it appears the American database was scrubbed at some point. Old photos from the boys that were in service do appear sometimes so maybe we can find a picture of your truck in the Alaska outback.

That fender mount heater looks similar to the "Perfection" heaters so it'd groovy to see some detailed photos on that.

I have a sister ship that came from Yellowknife and likely served as a Light Anti Aircraft command post. LAA. Great trucks for camping if you can find a box. Welcome aboard.

P5021447.JPG

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed something under the cab..........Is that a second heater? That's a second heater under the cab just like mine!........I gotta see that dash. If the control box is still in there you have a rare gem with two gas heaters. You must be in north north north Alaska. The fender heater is blue rare but that one under the cab is a Mahi Mahi style of rare.

Here are a few samples of fender heaters.

0808-machinery-alaska-highway-750x500.jpg0809-machinery-alaska-highway-750x462.jpgArmy-Vehicles-Alaska-Highwa.jpg

Paul Silence

I just noticed something under the cab..........Is that a second heater? That's a second heater under the cab just like mine!........I gotta see that dash. If the control box is still in there you have a rare gem with two gas heaters. You must be in north north north Alaska. The fender heater is blue rare but that one under the cab is a Mahi Mahi style of rare.

View attachment 799881View attachment 799882View attachment 799883Yes it’s got two heaters and they work just need fuel lines. I actually found this in Wasilla Alaska. It’s prettybeat up but will live to fight another day.
That's a fantastic first post Early Deuce photo and a big welcome to Steel Soldiers. Pictures are always helpful and we need to do some digging on the M220. There's a number on the front passenger frame rail next to the shock mount, hiding behind the passenger tire. It should match the data plate but sometimes it doesn't. Canadian M220's were actually mounted on M207 CDN cab and chassis....but we called them M220's so we might get a surprise.

View attachment 799877

The dash data-plates or even complete cabs can get changed out so it's good to see that stamp. There are a few places we're tracking the numbers and a few boys are digging into data bases to find history on the Canadian side. I always hold hope we can find more about the history of the trucks but it appears the American database was scrubbed at some point. Old photos from the boys that were in service do appear sometimes so maybe we can find a picture of your truck in the Alaska outback.

That fender mount heater looks similar to the "Perfection" heaters so it'd groovy to see some detailed photos on that.

I have a sister ship that came from Yellowknife and likely served as a Light Anti Aircraft command post. LAA. Great trucks for camping if you can find a box. Welcome aboard.

View attachment 799878
i appreciate that . I’ll get some more photos up when I get back from bear hunting

Paul Silence

B55EC2C6-7BBD-40D3-8B5E-C92818ACCF07.jpeg629E99B8-1AE1-4453-8F4D-A7F8C12DF6FF.jpeg
View attachment 799881View attachment 799882View attachment 799883

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks