• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Custer Trail Ride near Kalamazoo MI. Who is going?

Rattlehead

Bruce,
The 932A2 is staying home. The camper is much better suited for the trail rides, especially now that I have the removable guide cables to get the limbs up and over the box without tearing stuff up. Plus, no tent setup time! If I could do it all over again though, I would have just started with a 5 ton tractor and an M313 or similar converted to a camper.

Ted,
You could always bring the Mog if the HMMWV isn't ready?

Wonder if there is any mud there at all this year, its been pretty dry. Drove down 94 last week on the way to Kalamazoo, tried to check out the trail from the highway but its hard to see. Either way, it is still fun!

TedG

Dave,

My Mog just had it's slave cylinder on the clutch replaced and working...then wham, my brakes are too mushy. Now I have to trouble -shoot that too. So now a recap on mv's: hmmwv brake issue, Mog brake issue, M38A1 needs batteries, M56 not current on license/ins (it does need this to have at the rally?) and no way in heck will I bring the WC56. Come on amg and ups, bring me my brake line package!

Some way some how I will make it!

ida34

Paul,
Been busy with projects and kids. Unfortunately, none of the projects are MV related. I wish you could attend.

Chuck

PS. Eager to see everyone there. I will be getting there in the afternoon on Saturday. Anyone know if they have problems with camping trailers instead of tents?

TedG

Well, it rained all morning here in Mid-Michigan (about 1" or so) and storms tomorrow. This means that there will be mud holes at Ft. Custer! I am still waiting on my brake line....hope to make it.

Rattlehead

Keep on raining, make some more mud! Just clear up by tomorrow!

Does anyone know what streets to take to get there? I seem to forget, other than taking the exit off I-94 for Fort Custer, exit 92 I think.

TedG

Rattlehead,

Just follow the red line. I have it memorized but I do not know the roads. The bottom intersection is I94 and exit 92(?) then go north and turn left (light?). Then go north until you see the entrance on the left...turn left and go about .5 mile and guard shack on left. Basically you are going around the east permiter road on the clean side of the fence!

Still waiting on brakelines.

Ted

Attachments

TedG

I received the monster amg box Friday just in time for my trail ride/rally at Ft. Custer. Fun trip and the hmmwv passed the 5 ton tactical driving course...mud, sand, liquid, clay, ascending and decending (the open area just below the "B" in Battle creek on the map)! What fun. :lol:

Here is the hmmwv with Rattlehead's toy camper! Sorry no other pictures...perhaps Dave has some?!

Attachments

citizensoldier

Nice Avatar ADR.. Thats all the pics you have Dave? Well looks like you had fun and found a little bit of mud anyway. Who's WC 52 with the white bumper tips? I like your rub rails and wire brush be gones.. Need make some for my M109.. Sad that I missed this one again this year.. So many meets so little time.. and money. aua

TedG

The WC52 belongs to a guy in Coldwater...forgot name. It is a Dutch return rig, very cool.

Sorry Dave about the 5 ton course. We stumbled onto it via another active hmmwv driving to it to direct the 5 tonners. They let us go first!!! I know other took pictures...where are they.

citizensoldier

Did he get it from Armycarsusa? I love those trucks! Been collecting parts for my WC51.. I have some ideas for it.. It may end up being a MWC5137101box WW trail rig... But thats for this winter..Just a pile of parts right now.Picked it up for the combat rims and just cant part with it... aua

11ACR-LT

Wanted: Ft Custer pictures for GLMVPA website

Would anyone who went to the Ft Custer trail ride please forward any pictures you have to our webmaster for posting: webmaster@greatlakesmvpa.org
My husband and I couldn't attend. If you could include a short description for each picture it would be appreciated but not necessary.
Thanks,
Mrs 11ACR-LT

PS: send large pictures one at a time, or post them to webshots or other photo site and just send us the address. Thanks again, sk[/url]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks