• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Drum GL Chaos

dav5

So back a couple weeks ago I saw this thread, just as I was about to make a last minute bid on the next round of 802A's at Ft.Drum. It made me a bit apprehensive so I kept my bids low and of course... I lost.
Today I go on to bid on the latest batch and I notice that every single generator listed the description doesn't match the pictures. The years are all wrong, hours are all wrong... serial#'s in the ad doesn't match the serial tags in the pictures. and of course the pictures hare older units with more hours.
What gives? It will be interesting to hear if anyone here was one of the winners at today's generator auction 4/3 and how they make out come recovery day!
I just won 3 items from Lockbourne. It will be interesting to see how that goes. One thing I noticed is that at Fort Drum the sale and lot number photo is never on a recognizable part of the item. The items I won at Lockbourne had the lot and sale # stuck on the item so the unit was also visible in the background.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I just won 3 items from Lockbourne. It will be interesting to see how that goes. One thing I noticed is that at Fort Drum the sale and lot number photo is never on a recognizable part of the item. The items I won at Lockbourne had the lot and sale # stuck on the item so the unit was also visible in the background.
The folks ay Lockbourne have their stuff together. I enjoy doing load outs at that location.

Xlandscaper

Hey guys been lurking in the shadows for a while and decided my first write would be right here in this thread because my experience has been exactly as the title states, chaos!, Well so here it goes... I bid on a 2007 Mep802a with 32 hours on it and kinda bid a little heavy because it was clean and had really low hours. Well I won the auction and thanks to the suggestions in this thread I used PayPal and dam I'm so glad I did. So, after winning my lot, I wrote down on a pice of paper all the serial numbers, hours, shipping quotes etc. I was so excited to win such a nice machine I literally checked the site and read and reread the listing hundreds of times! Sheer excitement I know!?! Well, later on that night before I went to bed @0100 hours I decided let me look just one more time so I can have sweet dreams about my prized purchase. Well that's when things got a little funny. My 32 hour machine turned into a 269 hour machine! Out of sheer confusion I hit refresh dozens of times and yep, 269 hours and different picture and different serial numbers! Ok, I say to myself, this must be a mistake. Let me look at the other lots I bid on but didn't win. Low and behold all the serial number and hour magically jumped into the hundreds And all the pictures and serial numbers had changed! So I go to sleep, wake up and immediately call "Samantha" and this is where it starts to get great! Samantha explains to me that the lot in which all the generators were located on, she cannot access. She further states that all the machines were "training use" and the hours were extremely light use hours, totally avoiding the fact that I bid and won a 2007 generator with 32 hours and now my lot says 2005 with 269 hours. So after 15 minutes of going absolutely nowhere she says she will look into it and call me back later on in the day. As soon as I get off the phone with her I called PayPal and explaithe situation and they immediately unauthorized GL payment access. I can't believe the nonsense bait and switch that is going on. It's fraudulent and everyone should be aware of it. Sooo, fast forward 5 hours, Samantha calls me back and says I have two options (not knowing that I had already told PayPal). She blamed the computer system for the "glitches" and said I can take the 269 hour machine and she will give me a big huge aluminum fuel tank orrrrrrr I can call GL and request a refund. Simple right? Well her refund consists of me filling out a form stating the machine I bid on and won was DAMAGED and she said she'd take a picture of a busted up gen set and I'd get my refund...WOW, JUST WOW,!! At this point I'm just yessing her because I already took care of it with paypal. I really can care less if they ban me for life because I'd never want to deal with shady business like this again. So thank you guys for starting this post and sharing your information and experiences because it saved me a lot of headaches.

zarathustra

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That kind of performance is unacceptable. If they contracted to sell you serial number ABC, then that's what you should get. Even if it takes this dame 12 hours to find it.
Y'know, if you bought a beat up 803a that had caught on fire for 27 dollars and when you went to pick it up you tell them that you want the 3 hour freshly rebuilt one instead, they'd tell you to take a long walk off a short pier.

I despise incompetent customer service.

I always bring the pictures and details for the unit(s) I bought, but even if I didn't, they have a duty to give me what I purchased (or better)

Last edited:

csheath

Just read this little footnote on one of their listings at another location.

"Information contained in the Item Manifest is third-party information that has been provided by an additional source. This information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed by Government Liquidation. It is not intended to be used as the sole basis for bidding, and should not be taken in lieu of buyer's own due diligence."

I also noticed the Event ID didn't match the sale number on the photo of the equipment but the lot number matched. I sent them a message asking if they guaranteed the equipment serial number would match?

dav5

I would like to hear what they have to say. I am actually in Lockbourne right now. I have a pick up appointment for 3 lots [non generator] at 8:15 tomorrow morning. I will post my experience. Hopefully it will be way more positive than my Fort Drum experience!!!

rustystud

The people at Fort Lewis are extremely "anal" about all the numbers. I bought a MEP-002a a few years ago and when the employee was verifying the numbers he found it was the wrong unit. So he got the site manager. The site manager went all over the placed until he found the correct unit. After an hour I was ready to take anything just to be able to sit down and actually said it would be OK if I just took this one I was presently looking at. After all it was about in the same condition and hours as the one I won, but the manager would have non of it. I have never had a problem with them in twenty years of bidding there. So it's a real eye opener to see that that level of dedication is not at all the other locations.

Xlandscaper

I had a terrible experience with fort drum. I won a 2009 gen with 32 hours on it and later on that night I checked the auction and it magically changed to a 2005, had 269 hours and a totally different serial number!!! I called "Samantha" and she gave me a song and a dance yet no real reason why the listing magically changed after I had won. Long story short she gave me 2 options...I take the 269hr machine and she throws in a "free" 250 gallon fuel tank or I call GL and lie and say the machine was damaged and she'd take a picture of a busted up machine to "prove". Idk about you guys but I'm not the one to get into shady stuff especially when dealing with the US Government. I wound up taking your guys advice and payed via PayPal and had them cancel authorization. Good call!

dav5

I just arrived back home from Lockbourne with 3 lots. I can be pretty critical when things don't go as planned but I also like to give credit where credit is due.
I got there an hour early [7:00 AM] expecting a Fort Drum situation. I went in to reception and the lady at the desk was a sweetheart [didn't get her name but she is a black lady with a 4 foot smile and a great personality] I explained I was very early and she laughed and said no problem pull up tp Bay 15. As I was parking the first forklift was coming out. Three minutes later the 3rd forklift deposited the skid in my trailer and I was good to go. All 3 forklift operators were extemely pleasant. It was like night and day compared to Fort Drum.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like Drum is going to see a drop in business, and a lot of issues popping up. GL might figure it out (I would think GP would faster).

That being said, haven't had any problems with the pickups I have done recently at GL Bragg.

dav5

I had a terrible experience with fort drum. I won a 2009 gen with 32 hours on it and later on that night I checked the auction and it magically changed to a 2005, had 269 hours and a totally different serial number!!! I called "Samantha" and she gave me a song and a dance yet no real reason why the listing magically changed after I had won. Long story short she gave me 2 options...I take the 269hr machine and she throws in a "free" 250 gallon fuel tank or I call GL and lie and say the machine was damaged and she'd take a picture of a busted up machine to "prove". Idk about you guys but I'm not the one to get into shady stuff especially when dealing with the US Government. I wound up taking your guys advice and payed via PayPal and had them cancel authorization. Good call!
There were two 2009 802a's listed with 32 hours in that auction. I thought something was not right. Samantha offered me 2 cases of MRE's which I refused for the same reason you refused the fuel tank. I see Fort Drum hasn't changed a bit.

csheath

Something else I do when anticipating a purchase online is saving the web page to my hard drive. That way I can refer back to the information provided that I based my decision on.

dav5

I had a copy of all the photos plus the webpage. The only good the photos did me was for the yard boss to tell me they weren't taken at Drum because they were on gravel and Drum is all sand so I was S___ out of luck. Photos and serial numbers don't matter to Samantha at all.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ft drum is not all sand(lots/storage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dav5

Thanks for the info I didn't know that. I suggested that we go to any other sites that the generator might be but was told the off base GL lot was the only one. Just one more reason I won't be back to Drum until I know they have cleaned up their act.

Chrispyny

Sounds like samantha and the crooks at Ft Drum have quite the racket going. If you put two and two together, i bet someone bids on a very high hour parts genset, and pays off samantha and crew to sell them a low hour new unit for side cash.

Like the old addage goes, follow the money. Follow the repeat winners. Probably all from the same location if there are more than one. Not hard to figure out. Just need someone who really cares.

Last edited:

Xlandscaper

There were two 2009 802a's listed with 32 hours in that auction. I thought something was not right. Samantha offered me 2 cases of MRE's which I refused for the same reason you refused the fuel tank. I see Fort Drum hasn't changed a bit.
Yes exactly! I won one of those 2009 ones with 32 hours and bid a little more heavy because of it. What a joke, I want my item that I won not a fuel tank or mre's!! Well, I guess I'm on punishments because the suspended my GL account but I'd rather that then deal with bait & switch

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks