• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Indiantown Gap, PA to Fredericksburg,VA

micmccon

I just got notification of my "paid in full" invoice from GL and will need some assistance getting a deuce home from Fort Indiantown Gap.I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia and would be appreciative of any help anyone has to offer. My cell number is 703-863-1028 and my name is Mike. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Tlauden

How long do ya got to remove it from base??

I mite be able to get it off base for ya and to Halifax, bout 40 mins north from the gap... That would give you time to come get it that fits into your schedule.

Just let me know details and we can try to work something out, an I can't promise to help on the actual trip to virginia, depending on my schedule, but if I can I absouloutly will help you get her home!

micmccon

According to GL, they want you to remove the vehicle within 10 days of notification. I just got the e-mail after I got home from work today. I was really suprised as the folks at GL said that 6 weeks was typical response time on the EUC clearing.It's been like a week or 10 days. I submitted it on the 4th so...8 days.I have some relatives down here who said they would try to help trailer it here, but haven't had time to work that angle very long.I thought I would have more time! I made all the rookie mistakes here by NOT previewing the lot first (I know, I know) but on the bright side, it was the only vehicle listed as "runs". I have no illusions that I can just drive it. I'm a mechanic and I can imagine the condition it's in and wouldn't consider a long road trip in an unproven vehicle. I can call GL in the morning and see if they will work with me and find their load out schedule and we can go from there.I greatly appreciate your offer and just might take you up on it if I get up against a deadline and can't get a suitable trailer option lined up. Thanks again, I'll let you know what I find out.
Mike.:driver:

tom2147

I've just got to ask if this is your first EUC? I'm also waiting for my first EUC to clear to recover a truck from the same auction.

Anyways best of luck with your recovery :)

paulfarber

I live about 20 miles from The Gap and can help but only on a Friday.

If you need to park it I have lots of space.

PM me if I can help.

R Racing

First thing is to get it off of there if you can and make your load out appt . when you know it can get done . I Have hauled a few things down from Mechanicsburg including a deuce. But with fuel being so high its not as easy to do as it use to be. Also you need to find out if it has breaks. Most deuces don't after sitting.

micmccon

Thanks all! I just made transportation arrangements With a guy named Erick Johnson who apparently hauls a lot of mil stuff for people. He's gonna handle pick-up and delivery for what seems a fair price. I like that a lot better than missing work, lots of driving, and unexpected mishaps! Yes, this is my first M.V. and I will make a lot of mistakes. I've already made a few but I hope this deal isn't yet another!:-D

micmccon

If all works out well for me, I'd be very happy to pass on his number to you for your recovery! I spoke with Kevin (decodeme) who very highly reccommends him and hauls all his stuff. Good luck with yours and I hope we both get to enjoy our new toys!
:driver:

micmccon

Again I thank you for your most generous offer. I am happy to know that members are willing to step up and help other folks out even though I haven't been on here long and haven't had much to offer as of yet. I look foreword to meeting you guys at some point and "paying it foreward" where possible. I'm excited and can't wait to dig into the beast!

micmccon

Wanted to update, the deuce arrived last night and the motor freight driver was a real stand up guy. Very knowledgable about M.V's and had a real good eye for the trouble spots. If anybody needs his info, send me a message and I would gladly reccommend him and pass on his info.:D:D

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks