• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Indiantown to Detroit ?

lew

Any ideas on the cheapest way to transport a deuce from Pa. to metro Detroit? One-way mileage is about 500. Driving isn't a reliable option.
thanks

Tlauden

I would start calling and getting quotes on semi's transporting it if driving is an issue... MAYBE a tow company but 1000 miles I'd imagine you would pay out the a** for them to do it considering there meters start clicking when that engine turns over At there home base

derby

With fuel prices as they are I would buy a local Deuce. I had a Deuce hauled home a few yeas ago from that area and it was $900 then. I would not be surprised to see quotes from $1500-3000, and you can buy a reliable deuce up here for that. There are several guys on here that have several to choose from. Check the Classifieds. It will save You huge headaches. I have bought 4 from that area of Pa. so been there done that. Good Luck

paulfarber

Call a broker.

If the truck runs then you are going to save at least $100 for loading (most charge more if they have to winch it on the trailer).

USHIP.com is a possibility, but I don't know many people who have used it successfully. Timing is the issue. They have no real incentive to show up for you load if they find a more profitable one.

I live 25 miles from the GAP and can provide a parking spot if needed for a short while.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a second option to the guy DH linked to

KANGAROOS TRANSPORT
HOLLY, MI 48442 248-640-4422
I used this guy to haul a couple deuces, definately no complaints [thumbzup]
the above quoted contact info came from an internet search, which was easier than getting up and looking for his contact info................

mikey

buy local! when I was recovering my deuces from Mechanicsburg, pa in Jan i was getting quotes in the area of $4.50 per loaded mile and i only needed them hauled 175 miles. I tried local haulers, brokers and even Erik from Hotshots quoted me $800.

lew

I really appreciate all the good info! Due to high fuel cost I decided to pass on the truck I was bidding on in Pa. THANKS AGAIN TO EVERVONE for the quick posts.
Lew

camp9

I know there is $2/mile backhaul rates for partial loads when arranged in advance. but to get that you'd have to get it off the GL lot prior to pick up, and make sure it's a easy dock to dock load. The east coats pays good to get freight out there, but return freight dosen't pay worth a darn cause once your there they know you'll take what ever to get out of there. Were you bidding on those old Studebakers??

Camp

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done well with Eric at HotShot but, he does get busy.
I have also used this outfit to pick up and deliver military vehicles without problems, good service and fair rates. Excellent equipment hauler.

Lawyer Trucking Inc.
1357 S. Old State Road 67
Mooresville, IN 46158-7964
317-831-6955