• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Lewis M35a2, M105, M818 recovery*warning lots of pics

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why demil that CROP platform? It could have been used for something....guess it's our government once again dictating what we peons are allowed and not allowed to do.

I see you also got a nice towbar in the bed of the trailer!

What's the story behind the broken towbar? That must have been a helluva heavy vehicle to snap the bar like that....

MilitaryRestoration

haha no thats not where they came from... ;-) came from a nice pile of stuff, stashed away, but i found it hehe

emmado- why would they use the drop style flat bed to load ammo onto it to then just put it into a shipping container that would have to be trucked by a 'tractor' using a shipping containter trailer...why wouldn't they just load it into the container in the first place....

that broken tow bar was one of many in the pile...kinda scary to see especially since its one of then new reinforced style....

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's MUCH easier to pull a CROP out of a container with a PLS/LHS at the Port and drive it to the guys that need it on a CROP and drop it forward. No MHE needed to on/off load a container past the port. Makes it MUCH easier to prepo ammo stores. You can keep the tractor/trailer assests for moving other items.

70deuce

Great pics, got a question

Great pics and stories. I had a huge grin all the way home when I picked up my M818 and drove it 75 miles home. After 8 years with a deuce this was a dream to drive except for the overall performance. My M818 too wanted to do 55 easy on level roads but put a 38 foot, 18,000 lb empty M971 van trailer behind it and drive it at 6000' here in Colorado and man does that kill performance. Also, concerning your tires, on the most aft axle, left outside tire, it looks wider and bigger in diameter. Is it or is just an illusion?

Phil

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks