• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Lewis, WA Just south of Seattle. 5 ton Shipping ideas?

Stryker100

Thanks for the reply, Says truck won't start with Jump? Thinking batteries to far gone? That shipping company wants 2400.00 - 300.00 if it don't run. The truck is 580 miles away.

Thought, I had a place to park it for a while over there but that fell through. Anyone, know of a place around there that it could be stored at? I plan on going over and trying to get it running. If I can't find a better shipping price.

If anyone is coming from Seattle, east on I 90 let me know. Deer lodge is 90 miles south east of Missoula and 40 miles north of Butte Montana. Thanks guys, Let me know if anyone wants to chat on what I'm in for. LOL K, off to read the forum. Stryker

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"1800.00 from a guy on U Ship. Anyone use that? That was the first day up. "

That's not a bad price. Its about $3/mile, which to me, is a real good, one way rate. Ask for referances. You probably know it, but that tarp is on backwards, and if its transported that way, it won't do it any good.

Stryker100

He asked me what I wanted to pay. I said 1500=125 fee. I will pay for the truck Monday, So that should give me more time to get shipping worked out. I'm sure the more time someone has, Might let them ease up on the price.

I knew that tarp looked kinda odd. Just didn't give it any thought. Kinda over welmed with the whole thing. I was biding on running winch trucks with new looking tires. I was bidding on 4 trucks and must of hit the wrong link when I went to up my bid.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=6049310 That is one of the trucks I should of upped the bid on. Missed it by 91 bucks. Sure it would of went a bit higher if I has bid more. I'd of went over and drove this one back.

Anyhow, Thanks for the post. Stryker

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one flat will have to be replaced but that is easy.

Please download the pics and post them in the thread because the auction link will die eventually and then you lose it in this thread.

Stryker100

She's home, 2 bucks a mile and 50 dollar tip for removing the tarp and airing the tire and GL don't have anything to load with, Like they said. So he got it running. Did a click click so he jumped it and it did the same thing. Gave the starter a whack and she fired right up. Tires are all great and After hosing the road salt off her. I heard the back side of the rim leaking. Have 6 O rings ordered already. She has 4 tags in her and the last one was 8-2010 and nice new green gaskets on all 4 back hubs. It was dark when she got here so that is all I can add for now. I ordered a nice Manual today as well. I'll make a thread in the 5 ton later something. Stryker