• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Meade M1008 Recovery

crownjewel4

Our Fort Meade recovery was 6/Feb and went just fine.

I planned on using a towbar for the trip, but could not get everything together quick enough. I plan on finishing my tow bar project once I get a few hours to put into it. We rented a trailer on a tip from another SS member that was large enough to accomodate an M1008.

The lot purchased stated "DNR" but I figured batteries, or something the like. Could not get it too start after about 15-20 minutes of fiddling, (I think it needs a starter, had a weird noise coming from it, not stuck, I banged on it a few times) so we had Sarah push it in place onto the trailer using the Loader present. She was a big help, and after securing the vehicle we were on our way in less than 45 minutes.
The M1008 is clean, and straight, with little rust in the usual spots, and some rust on the undercarriage. Some minor body work, and maybe undercoating the chassis, and this will be a great truck.:grin::driver:

The 4 hour drive back was relaxing, and easy. My F-250 pulled the tow with ease.

We met a few other SS regulars, some members, and some not while at Fort Meade, and wanted to thank them for help, and conversation.
My Dad and I love these trips, and meeting others with similar interests.
Once our mechanic relative gets done with it, my brother-in-law is purchasing it.
Thanks to all who helped with ideas, and PM's from my last few threads.

Attachments

mark69k20

Good deal

Glad it was something simple, I was that other guy in your pic!
Did not end up getting that fire truck but i tried! Too much $$ for me to part with....

crownjewel4

Hey

Glad it was something simple, I was that other guy in your pic!
Did not end up getting that fire truck but i tried! Too much $$ for me to part with....

Nice to meet you there. We had a great day, and great recovery. The truck turned out to be better than I expected.

That fire truck went way to high.

Take care....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks