• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Sam Houston Deuces

Green_gator

Well, I put in a real lowball bid on a deuce with hard top out of Fort Sam and come to find out it held. Should make for a decent length recovery but at least it is flat land the whole way. With airfare out there and fuel back this truck should set me back less the $1K total.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me if you need help in town. I'm no deuce mechanic but I can play taxi driver and give you a place to crash if needed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats! Looks like you made a sweet deal! Ever drove a deuce 1000 miles? Gonna need a rubber donut by the end!:razz:
I've done 725 in a single day and by the time I got home, I didn't know my own name!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those pictures look like they were taken at Camp Mabry in Austin, TX. The trucks at Sam are all TXNG 49th Div turn in's. You can tell by the stupid yellow bumper stickers,"Call 1800- if you see this truck being driven eratically". Better plan on the batteries being stone dead. The San Antonio GL guys are great, but I don't think they are set up to slave your truck off like you hear about in the Northeast. These trucks have been parked for years if I am not mistaken.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walter, sent an email and PM a while back ref a top for a 103. Do you still want this one here? Oh, congrats on the truck.

m113mark

Chester at Ft.Sam GL is the man!! Very helpful and when i won 2 M-109's there they did have slave cables. If these trucks are not in their lot you may have support trouble. If these are the ones in the dirt lot they are somewhere else.

Pawnshop

Ditto on Ft.Sam slave cable usage on my M109 recovery back in November. Rod was off and another guy helped me, I THINK he was the big boss man, he found a 5 ton tractor that started and pushed the dead M109 beside mine out of the way so we could use his slave cable from a med storage box bolted to his forklift.

Pawnshop

Those pictures look like they were taken at Camp Mabry in Austin, TX. The trucks at Sam are all TXNG 49th Div turn in's. You can tell by the stupid yellow bumper stickers,"Call 1800- if you see this truck being driven eratically". Better plan on the batteries being stone dead. The San Antonio GL guys are great, but I don't think they are set up to slave your truck off like you hear about in the Northeast. These trucks have been parked for years if I am not mistaken.

Do you KNOW they are on Mabry, or just guessing? Our club meets at the museum on Mabry and our next meeting is this coming Wednesday, I might be able to check the truck out, IF they will let me in the yard.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Do you KNOW they are on Mabry, or just guessing? Our club meets at the museum on Mabry and our next meeting is this coming Wednesday, I might be able to check the truck out, IF they will let me in the yard. "

Not sure, just a hunch, the trees in the background plus the lack of pavement present at the yard at Sam are clues . . .

Barrman

I got to the meeting early last night just to look around for the same setting. I couldn't find it or the trucks. I am glad to read that there is a reason I couldn't see them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks