• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Worden Military Vehicle Campout & Show Aug 26,27,28,29,30,31 Sept 1,2 2014

justacook

This is held at Fort Warden in Port Townsend WA. This will be are biggest show to date all vehicles as long as military are welcome,all types of uniforms and weapon displays are encouraged, you can drive your vehicle all over the fort and give tours with your vehicle if you want. there will be raffles very,very large fire each night,music,drinking is allowed, bring your airsoft stuff for muiltiple night opp missions night vision is helpful but not required. There is parking for your civy vehicles and trailers ONLY MILITARY VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED IN FORT if you are bringing a popup tent or equivalant it needs to be camo covered no exceptions. there is a $20 fee for payment of porta pottys and garbage clean up. So last year there was confution on how to pay, ok here goes 20 dollars per family group if your from canada and have 5 vehicles in your related family its 20 dollars and if youare from here and have a deuce and yourself its 20 dollars and if you show up with 20 of your closest friends that all have a truck it is 20 dollars each. there will be free water,cookies,hotdogs and really good prizes.there will be recon missions though out the days,there is alot to see and do,most of the fort is underground and dark bring lots of batteries and warm cloths for exploring the bunkers. there will be transportation in and out of the fort by jeeps and deuces call for details and directions 253-961-3434 there will be a convoy leaving my house at 7:30 tuesday morning the 26th of August.If you want to join in just call and we will set up a place along the way for you to join in.

JH1

Count me in! Not sure what I'll bring, but figure that out later. Thanks for putting this together. Only been able to make one of the Ft. Worden events but it was a blast.
Jim

REDROCKET

I'm in!!
I'll need to get w/someone for some camo netting though. I'll have a small Russian display but I will be camping in my REI backpack tent (like in '12). Don't know what dates I'll be there though ... I'll get back to you on this one. WOOT! Looking FWD: to this!!!!!!

justacook

some pictures of last years event

Attachments

brianp454

I went to the Chehalis event last year and again this year. justacook told me abotu this event. I'm really considering going as my son really enjoyed the Chehalis event.

flatdog555

brianp454 and I (flatdog555) will be there. I have some mil-surplus desert color camo netting you can use. We were at the Napavine campout in the two deuces (camo and desert tan) with the parachute between to knock down the sun. Ok, brianp454 is planning to be there. We both have to do some work on the deuces to make sure it's an uneventful trip. You know how it is, you have a Ural, we have deuces, the only difference in the maintenance is the weight of the parts....:D
See you there,
Ed and Cheri

Last edited:

justacook

nice to see there so much interest keep inviting your friends this will be our biggest event yet should be about double compared to last year. as far as convoys there are several people coming from the north south and east call me 253-961-3434 for details on were to meet and who to call from your area. if your coming from the south we are leaving my house at 7 am on tuesday the 26th if you cant make to my place. there will be people at the weigh station on the other side of the tacoma narrows bridge, gig harbor side, north by 7:30 am will wait until 7:45 then leaving.if your truck has issues or breaks down on the way call my no. for help.if you have tow bars bring them just in case, make sure they all work good and have all pins.Its a long haul and it will be hot check your belts,raidiators,hoses and tires

justacook

if you have flags we like all kinds, donations for raffles are welcome,prepare for rain just in case bring tarps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks