• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fort Worden Military Vehicle Campout & Show Aug 31,Sept 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 2015

JH1

Looking forward to it. We're going to leave our truck/trailer on the Coupeville side and just drive the Abbot straight onto the ferry for the crossing to Pt. Townsend.ArlingtonAirShow044.jpg See you there!

Another Ahab

Weather report says this coming weekend looks good.
That makes it a forecast for (5) days out.

I sure hope the forecast holds good, but even in the year 2015 a weather forecast, even for a 24-hour outlook, is dicey.

You want to read a good story, read the story about the allied weather forecaster responsible for D-Day in Normandy. Talk about a pressure job! And he called it!!

Another Ahab

That sounds like an interesting read. Do you have a link to the story?
Here's a place to start (a book review form The Washington Post); check it out.

And there are also other related links at the end of the article.

Talk about your high pressure job; being the D-Day Weather Forecaster has got to rank among the Top Ten in History.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/06/06/d-day-at-70-the-most-important-weather-forecast-in-the-history-of-the-world/

Last edited:
thank you everyone for coming this year this was the biggest show yet we had double the trucks this year, had no complaints or problems everyone had great time from all the complements if there are pictures please post or videos and or send to my e-mail at deltaforceracing@q.com will post pictures shortly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks