• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found 2 trucks for $850

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've found a guy that has two M37s for sale for $850. He's about 70 miles from me and I've only talked to him on the phone. I haven't seen the trucks. He said neither one runs the T-case is out of one but the bodies are it "pretty" good shape. I wondering if these are worth going and looking at? I don't know much about M37s and I would either sell them or part them out to help fuel my deuce habit unless I fall in love and change my mind :lol:

MilitaryRestoration

If I was there I'd buy them... I bought one for 650 ended up getting a perfect original m1a1 garand along with a bunch of other accessories and items for it...let me know if you get them I'd be really interested in parts, thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I bet you could get your money out of them even if you part them out. Maybe 2 could make 1 good truck? I know alot of guys would be heart broken if they go to scrap.

citizensoldier

I say buy them.. That is under scrap price.. If they have troop seats, bows, hitches, and some of the other little take offs they are worth it. A frozen up motor and drive line would sell for $300.. Hell if your not interested send me his number.. M37s are drying up and getting scrapped..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to go look at them tomorrow (Sun.). If I don't buy them I'll post info and give everyone else a chance at them.

wdbtchr

Keep an eye on the onsite auctions on GSA, that's where a lot of the forestry and fire dept. turnins are auctioned off. That's where I bought my '53 M37. The only thing that wasn't original was the tailgate and racks were missing, and a plate had been welded to the grill protector for the red light. I had been painted white and said Desloge Fire Dept. on the doors. Is still 24 volt and has the waterproof ignition. There's usually at least a couple at each auction, I've seen as many as six at a time.

This is a link for the Midwest/Great Lakes area: http://sales.gsa.gov/

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I didn't bite. They were too rough for me. One is pretty well complete and one as the transfer case, transmission, and 3rd. member laying in the bed. He also has a trailer for sale that said "K52 1-ton trailer". He wouldn't price the trailer. Said he'd have to think on it. Sorry I didn't get more info or pics but it sarted raining pretty hard right after I got there and I knew I wasn't interested so I left. They are in Murfreesboro,TN. If anyone wants contact info PM me. I don't feel right posting someones info on a public forum without their permission.
On a side note, I don't know this guy (I saw the add in a state wide paper) and he lives 70 miles from me. While I was there I saw a old Allis Chalmers tractor that looked familiar. Come to find out it's my Grandpa's old trator he had when I was born and sold it about 25 years ago locally and somehow this guy ended up with it. My dad had added power steering off a old GMC truck and a "custom bumper" is what gave it away. Small world I guess.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Well I see $400 in rims. $300 for the door spare tire carrier, some good hoods, good bumpers,troop seat hardware, soft top hardware, and I am sure much more.. I would buy them if they were close.. $500 for each at the scrap yard.. That trailer looks real nice.. Hmmm.. some one should save that one for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks