• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a Coleman Tug

joshs1ofakindxj

This isn't at a salvage yard but I thought I would post it here to share with anyone after these.

I was at an out of the way saw mill to look at trailer and the guy was showing me everything he had and this was the most interesting thing to see.

He rattled off all the spec's on it but all I caught was the military Coleman Tug part.

The good: all glass looks to be there and the metal looks pretty decent. The driver side running board is off but he claims to have it. Looks overall complete. Comes with a spare motor that was rebuilt. There is a military data plate on the dash I forgot to take a picture of.

The bad: that spare motor needs to go in it. Although it was running within the past decade, there is a crack about 3 inches long in the block on driver side of the motor near the rear, close to what I would guess is the very bottom of the cylinder before the bulge for the crank case.

He received it as-is in a trade for some cutting equipment worth about $2000. I assume that would be the starting point for price negotiation.

If you're seriously interested I can give you his phone number. He is a nice guy but he told he really doesn't have time for tire kickers. It is located near Greensburg, PA and these area heavy. A 1 ton dually with a goose neck trailer dropped it off and that was near capacity he said.

Attachments

gerrykan

Probably has a Chrysler industrial 361 cubic inch gasoline motor.
Same engine family as the 383(a high performance engine for the younger crowd).

A while back, we were heading home from Iola. I found a G506 for sale at the side of the road, the contact info was kinda a mess, so we proceeded to a tavern just down the road. I enquired about the G506 and the tavern owner called the owner. Another guy in the bar asked if I was interested in other Green items, I said yes. He knew a guy that had something Military, green and 4x4. We then set out on a trek to this guy's shop. He had a Coleman tug, perfect condition. I was hoping for something else, but it was a cool find. The guy was asking $1600 for it.

joshs1ofakindxj

Not sure, but they're not Rockwell top-loaders.

They are large and beefy and have a removable center section oriented like a Ford 9".

Fishtail

A while back, we were heading home from Iola. I found a G506 for sale at the side of the road, the contact info was kinda a mess, so we proceeded to a tavern just down the road. I enquired about the G506 and the tavern owner called the owner. Another guy in the bar asked if I was interested in other Green items, I said yes. He knew a guy that had something Military, green and 4x4. We then set out on a trek to this guy's shop. He had a Coleman tug, perfect condition. I was hoping for something else, but it was a cool find. The guy was asking $1600 for it.
Was the tug the one in Adams? There was one there by the side of the road just north of the lake/dam for years. Not there in the past few years.

Scott

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There has been a clean running condition coleman tug like this one for sale over on the otherside of the state from me , with a plow set-up on it for at least a year. The guy wants around 5 grand and it isn't selling , so it's hard to say what a non-runner is worth . The plow set-up is probably worth a grand.

sidsky

there's a place up north here in mn where there is a couple dozen sittin there,the guy reposts them constantly on craigslist for 2500.00 running 1500.00 not running.

Ironwood

OK, the TUG is mine. It is an industrial Chrysler 6, I have the good engine palletized and "oiled" down. The spare came out of a srcap yard crane from a guy that I know. He said it had very little hours since a rebuild. It is propane converted, the one in the TUG is gasoline, so you could choose which system you want. It has aux hydraulics run from a pump on the engine. Tires are in good shape. It is a 1960-61. I do have the running board and panel for drivers side. Metal is great, just needs paint. Axles are twins t oeach other just flipped. Guy I got it from was from NC/Tenn, he had it running, but my thought was to just throw the new engine in (it is an exact match, I think there were several versions of the industrial, and I made sure they were twins) My three kids (and the Cub Scouts who have played on it)will hate me for selling it, but hey we have enjoyed it for years.

Feel free to contact me if interested. I was going to mount an Allis Chalmers hoe on the back for a farm/woods hoe on our acreage.

Ironwood

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks