• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a less expensive MEP 802A water pump

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Good find.

MEP-802A - Onan DN2M - Lister Petter LPW2
MEP-803A - Onan DN4M - Lister Petter LPW4

The engine design has been around a long time.

coxju04

That's the game plan, but I haven't had much time to read the TM's right now, while I've been in the Middle East. I plan on hitting the books when I get home, Thanks!!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

Anyone have a source for a MEP-802/803 water pump?

The one listed above seems to be missing in action?

Coley, how did that pump work out for you? Has anyone else gotten a pump which fits and works correctly?

jamawieb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/751-41022-...ash=item1a1f8ff6d4:g:cPYAAOSwMVdYIrJo&vxp=mtr
I know this is not allowed but kind of hard to find on ebay. You can also use a 750-40621. But on this one I had to mount the temperature shutdown sensor in the port where the plug is suppose to go because where the sensor is suppose to go, is to small for the particular sensor. I have also had problems with the 751-41022 temperature shutdown sensor port and had to grind the hole bigger. Everything else on both water pumps match perfect.

jamawieb

how long have you had them installed do they have good longevity?

Thank you,

So far, I've had 800 hours on one and it's done perfect. I had another that failed at 300 because the customer's head gasket blew and he put radiator stop leak in it and caused the pump to leak.

impi

I had a similar experience re: the size of the ports in the cheap copy.I just took a tap and cut through the upper port for the temperature shut off probe, and I used a dremel with a grinding stone to sort out the issues with the temperature sensor port as I could not find a reasonably priced 5/8" tap. The bottom two ports on the 751-41022 I blocked off with 3/8 square drive brass plugs from Home depot with some Locktite 741 to make the marriage more permanent.

I flushed the whole cooling system as part of the exercise (Stuck the garden hose in one end of the radiator and left it running until the water ran clear. Also hosed some water through the cooling ports on the engine until it ran clear. Lots of nasty black sludge came out. The set definately runs cooler. Perviously it was hovering near 220 on the gauge. It now appears to be more around the 200 range under heavy load.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/751-41022-...ash=item1a1f8ff6d4:g:cPYAAOSwMVdYIrJo&vxp=mtr
I know this is not allowed but kind of hard to find on ebay. You can also use a 750-40621. But on this one I had to mount the temperature shutdown sensor in the port where the plug is suppose to go because where the sensor is suppose to go, is to small for the particular sensor. I have also had problems with the 751-41022 temperature shutdown sensor port and had to grind the hole bigger. Everything else on both water pumps match perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks