• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a m1009 in junk yard today

chevyCUCV

I plan to go strip the thing completely
Rad, brush guard, buck seats, rear bumper, trailer hitch
It also has A/C, but only one alt. Worth it to grab the brackets for the compressor that go in place of gen 2?

The rear roof is good too

I am afraid of how much they will want for all these parts, but i cant let them get destoyed:-?

For anyone interested it in at Hollands in billerica ma,

Sucks , they used to do an "all you can carry day" but no more.
Edit, please post all requests in this thread, so i can track who wants what, in order that they posted.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Stuff I'd grab.

Radiator
Brush guard
Shackle mounts (front and rear)
Bumper brackets
Rear bumper
Blackout lights
Blackout switch assembly
Glowplug card
AC setup
Alternator
PS pump/brackets
Oil cooler lines
Fan shroud
Hitch

I wouldn't bother with the rear roof. I had to GIVE one away here. I know CSI out near me has a pile of them as well. It's something you'd think you could sell, but just isn't a market for it. (Fiberglass doesn't rust I guess)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need the vent assembly drivers side that opens and closes the outside air vent. This is located down by your left foot on the inner wall of the truck body. The parts are the vent door and cable assembly if you are looking to find some buyers for parts.

chevyCUCV

Wow lots of interest
Ajsmith is first for the rear shackle mounts, there are not shackle/clevis, just the bar that they pin onto

I guess i will have to go back with a full toolset,
Please post requests in this thread so i can track them all in one place.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the way we do it at Steel Soldiers - even if we can't save the vehicle, we strip it down for parts to save the ones we have.

THAT'S HOW WE ROLL - AND KEEP EM ROLLING!

cpf240

Dear Buddha,

I'd like a pony and a plastic rocket...

Sorry... too many things I'd like to ask for, like a set of bridge plate numbers, but I'm sure it would not be worth the cost of shipping. One of these days I'll get around to the yards in my area..

Please post pics!

chevyCUCV

Ok i will not be able to go back until friday or saturday
Too bad i am actually busy now getting into a new job, if only i had found this a month or two ago
I will ask them about taking the whole vehicle, but it is already sitting on the axles(no wheels), and about 5 cars into a row all blocked in. They are not the friendly yard either, that one is down the street, these guys always seem annoyed when i ask questions.

Preliminary list for members (not including what i want) is:
Air vents
Shackle mounts front.rear
Data plate
Dash pad(think it was toast, but there are a couple 80's chevy's around it
Mirrors(same^
Trailer plug
AC parts (Does this include hoses)?

Dont remember an antenna mount
Things you will have to fight me forrofl
Rad, seats, antenna mount, a vacuum pump driver (no vacuum pump, sits flush with the engine, dont know why it is there), bridge plate

Man i cant wait to get back there! If i have to buy part by part, i expect prices to be fairly high and i will not be making any money. That said i still want to help members fix their vehicles.