• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a M1009, need help with wait light

mtjbrown

Hey guys, did a search and didn't see anything on this particular problem. There is a fuse blowing each time you start the truck in the fuse panel. Truck will start with anew fuse, then fuse blows, no Glow plug "WAIT" light. Replace fuse, wait light comes on, truck starts, fuse blows. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Controller card, glow plug relay, or just do the manual switch conversion and get it over with??

Thanks

Midnight Rider

You might want to trace the wiring and check for broken/melted/etc... cables. That's what I do if I keep repeatedly blowing fuses.

I lost my horn and cruise control in my 02 F150. Found a blown fuse, replaced it, drove the truck and found that I had blown the fuse again. Traced the wiring back to a corroded cable on the horn. Fixed that and no more blown fuses.

stampy

Two words dead short...You have to trace it out. Or you could put in a larger fuse and melt the wires,that will make it abundantly clear where the problem is ( I am totally kidding here) I would start by figuring out what that circut is powering. I assume based on above it's glowplugs. Pull the glowplug card. Does the fuse still blow? If yes then it's not the card. More likely is a grounded glowplug. You can test each of the glow plugs for continuity to a ground. THere should be lots of info on the site about this. Good luck.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks