• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a spring hanging from parking brake?!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was under the HMMWV today working on the shifter assembly. While I was there I noticed there was just a random spring hanging from the parking brake handle area!

Anyone know what this is and where it goes?

IMG_4503.jpeg

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found what I think is the spring in the parts volume, Figure 154, part #9.

SPRING, HELICAL, EXTE. serial 44825 and above (which mine is).

What I don't see though is where it actually goes. (I guess I'll crawl back out there and attempt to figure it out.)

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is amazing how much of a racket it makes with that broken spring.

Just watch out for the HMMWV tax! When I replaced mine a year ago, the best price I could find was a little over a $1 each, but $25 shipping! So I ordered a few. Or wait till you need a few things and make a large order - if you can tolorate the noise.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is amazing how much of a racket it makes with that broken spring.

Just watch out for the HMMWV tax! When I replaced mine a year ago, the best price I could find was a little over a $1 each, but $25 shipping! So I ordered a few. Or wait till you need a few things and make a large order - if you can tolorate the noise.
Yup, I have a stack of receipts, probably spent as much on parts and repairs as I did the HMMWV at this point.

I JUST ordered a bunch of parts on Wednesday as well. So this is going into the pile for "next order". Whenever that will be.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Yup, I have a stack of receipts, probably spent as much on parts and repairs as I did the HMMWV at this point.

I JUST ordered a bunch of parts on Wednesday as well. So this is going into the pile for "next order". Whenever that will be.
"Yup, I have a stack of receipts, probably spent as much on parts and repairs as I did the HMMWV at this point."

No truer words spoken or printed about HMMWV's.

Finally the truth comes out, Judge Judy. Now to a commercial, CAMO