• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found an M37 ambulance....??

ccf460

A friend found (possibly for me), an M37 ambulance. Can this be converted into the pickup version? I am thinking about a restoration/modification for my 9 year old sons first car. I am in the process of bobbing my deuce with an air ride suspension, have a M1009 cucv as a part time vehicle, and a M105 trailer in the yard. I am just drawn to the awesome looks of these M37's in "truck" form. I can envision a little more modern drivetrain,brakes and steering upgrades, and my son driving the most unique vehicle in the parking lot (kinda like me!).Thanks for any light you can shed on this truck.

mactiredearg

There are plenty of M37s out there to be found and setup like you are suggesting. The M43s with intact bodies are getting harder to find and it'd be nice to save a few.
Besides, if you cut off the body you are still going to have to Fab the back of the cab and a bed. Easier to grab an M37 in the first place.

That or do what you have planned to the M43 as it is and he'd definitely have a unique vehicle...

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M-37 / M-42 trucks are waaaay easier to find than an M-43 Ambulance. It would VERY UNFORTUNATE to cut up an M-43 to make a bastardized M-37.

Bad juju / karma. :-x

Please don't do it. :-(

Storm 51

vtdeucedriver

If the roof line is completely shot ( you wil see what I mean). Feel free to hack away but remember that your cab rear will be open to whatever you do to the back. Better off to make it into a 4x4 van.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks