• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found my wiring issue

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I bought the truck and had some really strange wires going to the taillights, one for right turn, one for reverse. See the wire and black wires here: (also notice the black wire seems to be holding the trans cooler line :oops:
The blue circle is where the trans line was rubbing on the bolt. This has been fixed with some hose clamps.

20230821_120511.jpg

The white and black "patch" wires that were added prior. Many thanks to the people who made the A1R electrical schematics available. I was able to look up what all the wires did and trace them. Turned out the entire problem was the connector in black, it was plugged in at an angle so the pins on one side didn't make contact. Reseated it, then resoldered/heat shrunk original wires and all is functioning as it should again!

20230823_085614.jpg

Third From Texas

Congrats. Seems it is most always something stupid... yet complex to figure out....
And a lot of the time, the simple thing is why it got picked for parts and/or put out to auction.

My first truck was an '98 M1078 that I got from another member here. It had sold at auction as a "non runner".

Cause: loose wire in the trans connection

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. Cold solder joint here. $230,000 in tax dollars plus shipping to Kuwait and back only to sell it for 10% of it's cost and probably half that after Ritchie Bro's takes their cut at auction..... I do love when uncle sugar is tired of his new toys after Christmas morning.....

9 months to find this. Problem was intermittent - occurring once every 1 to 3 days and would immediately vanish with a power cycle. So much fun.

IMG_20220915_102142.jpg

IMG_20220915_102152.jpg

Last edited: