• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found nice m35a3 bought it few questions

marbaja252

Recovered a nice one first truck for me. I will get some pics up soon. I have several questions. I have a turn signal flasher problem it takes along time to start flashing, you can run the switch and cut lights off looks like it may be the relay under the hood ideas before I purchase one?

The other thing is the air assist. How do I know if it is working, this thing steers like my dads old 1966 chevy grain truck. Any sounds or noise I should be hearing when it is working? At road speed no problem, but when stopped its tough.

Tire question, they are dry rotted side walls and will need to be replaced. 395/80r20 will still clear and fit these rims and not rub between the axles?

Last thing is air system, I get a lot of exhausting when the air dryer purges and thing sounds like a fog horn, not a sharp pop. Plus getting some out of the CTIS valve is this normal. It builds a holds air good.

Other than that just need to go through the truck and make sure all fluids are good. 1993 with soft top no winch 1,942 miles & 347 engine hrs when I got it.

thanks for any help and guidance.

R Racing

Welcome to the forum !
1 you either have LED Lights or a burned out bulb.
2 the air assist can be turned off or up with a regulator on the driver side frame rail by the engine. Air assist isn't hydraulic power steering but it beats not having it at all.
3 395's are the biggest tire you can put an a A3
4 The noises your hearing may very well be your CTIS working ( its not quiet) . If you have low tires after running you should see the pressure in the screen increase.

marbaja252

Thanks guys I do need to service the dryer bad & also sounds like from some other posts adding a little oil to things may help with lubing things up. I will check the regulator and crank it up if needed.

After driving this thing on and off for the last week and this weekend, I see now why everyone loves these trucks. I get more looks around town than a new Corvette Stingray. I cannot believe the people that come up and ask what it that thing it cool. My 4 young kids love the Deuce.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put good tires on the truck. Then, turn off the CTIS and run 60 PSI in the tires. The truck will handle much better and the tires will last longer. The Michelin wheels are red-lined at 60 PSI. I found an NOS Haldex air dryer on Ebay for a reasonable price. You can also rebuild them with a new cartridge. Mine also had a burned out heater in it.

marbaja252

Thanks I agree, these G20's have good tread but are weather cracking bad and 2 of them have been flat for awhile and side walls are not good. I have found some XZL's at a good price.

marbaja252

I found the same air dryer and that is a steal @ $120 + shipping. I work in a truck shop and the best I could get a new one for is $365. We don't rebuild dryers anymore it is cheaper to replace them and roll on. Thanks guys for the input keep it coming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks