• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found old gallon cans of 383

Descoteau

I have located several gallon cans of 383 paint. The labels are white with what looks like a dot-matrix print on them. Manufacture date 1994 and recheck date of 1995. They appear to never have been opened. Owner is asking cheap price - less than $75.00 for all of it. Is this stuff still good? I have 2 m1009's and this would be enough for me to refinish both in their original camo pattern. Anyone have any advice?

wsucougarx

Uh, it is my understanding that CARC does get old. In fact when you goto Sherwin-Williams, it only has like a 12 month or so expiration date. Not sure if that has to do with the actual chemical coat protection vs the actual stability of paint as far as bonding to the under surface. There is a fellow SS in North Dakota, I believe, that sells CARC. He's got an ad in the classifieds. You may wish to PM him to get the skinny on CARC shelflife

Descoteau

Thank you for the info. The guy also has the "Darvoe"(sp?) paint in gallon cans and spray cans. It is $45 a gallon or $5.99 for spray can. Has anyone used this paint for their project? I have searched the threads and have not seen it mentioned.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you for the info. The guy also has the "Darvoe"(sp?) paint in gallon cans and spray cans. It is $45 a gallon or $5.99 for spray can. Has anyone used this paint for their project? I have searched the threads and have not seen it mentioned.
Try doing a search for "Aervoe" and you may get better results. :wink:

poppop

SS member rdixiemiller is a paint engineer and is knowledgeable about carc. I got 2 gallons of older carc from him in trade and it worked fine. I don't know how old it was though. I don't see him on here much anymore but you might try a PM to him.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
SS member rdixiemiller is a paint engineer and is knowledgeable about carc. I got 2 gallons of older carc from him in trade and it worked fine. I don't know how old it was though. I don't see him on here much anymore but you might try a PM to him.
RDM is out on the road programming automation robots. His job keeps him far away from home pretty much constantly at this point. Send him a pm but it may be a month until he replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks