• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FOUND old picts of really old iron

FrankUSMC

I have photos here sent to me by a friend in the Army back in 1990 that shows a lot (it could be this same one) in Germany. The lot is full of rebuilt M16 halftracks that have been returned to us by the French, there were also M5 highspeed tractors.
They were all being sent down range to be hardtargets.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

KyCUCVs

At Ft Knox in the early 90's, you had to draw plywood tank targets and lifting devices from Range Control. Once when drawing targets, we noticed three M114's sitting in the yard. We inquired about them and were told they were to be hard targets on a range. The civilian employee we talked to said they would haul them to the range, drain out all of the oil from the crankcase, then drive them around until the engine blew or seized up. It's just not right the way some military vehicles end their tour of duty.

onegmjack

Could be sold to collectors,the money could go a long way on improving economy.Of corse disable them so the people afraid ,someone or group would not try to take over,would not want to offend anyone.

Last edited:

onegmjack

Yes US collectors only.Shouldn't matter done sold or give to countries all over the World,look where they are at.

Last edited:

DocAdams

The M-114 wa a piece of crap! The 20 mike mike was the best part of the vehicle the aluminum block gas engine didn't hold up! Far too many range targets are great collectable MVs waiting to be recovered.:oops:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks