• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found something interesting

86k10

Well I was looking through one of my new fleet and found an original owners manual and lubrication order. It even has the green notebook to put it in. The only trouble is is has gotten a little wet but it is drying out right now. It's in pretty good shape for being in the weather for who knows how long.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats. One less thing to buy! I always found an interesting assortment of spares, paperwork, etc... with auction trucks. My 1985 M1009 had no less than 3 operators manuals, all wet also. It also had 2 jack cranks, but no jacks. Also three lug wrenches, 2 radio mounts, 2 decom kit mounts, 2 pop bottles and an assortment of candy bar wrappers :D

86k10

Now that you mention the jack and handle it has that too, along with the 2 tow hooks for the front. I also found a paper talking about it having an engine knock and it gives the mileage. I'll have to look at that tomorrow and see if it jives with that report.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVs always seem to have weird stuff. The 1009 I have came with a Bradley manual, 3 starters, extra front alxe shafts, 2 right doors, no left doors, an extra fender, and one locking hub for a 1008.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks