• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this at the old El Toro Base..

mhb285

Walt (Keylargo) found a 10 ton tractor the landscaping company is using to salvage trees at the old El Toro MCAS. Heres some pix....
Enjoy.
Mike

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are just using it to pull trees?? What are they gonna do with it after all the trees are gone? I want it!

KaiserM109

We had one of those in the 15th CEB in Vietnam. Once I was helping take the bull blade off of a D8 and we were all watching up front when the D8 operator backed it up. We heard a “Puff, Puff, Chug, Chug” and looked around to see the 10 ton heading for a row of M151s all by itself.

One of the guys near the back ran after it and got it stopped before it climbed up and walked down the row. The driver had pushed the stop back in and it started when we bumped it with the dozer.

We had one in the 244 Engr. Bn, Army Reserves, in Boulder, CO in ’73 and I was ordered to take it out and put 20 miles on it. I took it down one country road and clipped mailboxes on both sides at the same time.

Judging by the taillights, that truck is mid ’60s or older. It has a V8 diesel. That specific truck is missing the fold out step ladder in the center of the bumper. To do daily maintenance on it you had to fold down the ladder to get up to lift the hood.

Does anyone know the model number on it?

DMgunn

Every time I see a pic of a 10-ton, I let out the same embarrassingly-feminine-sounding combination of squeal and sigh - so excited to see one that I can't contain it, but sad that I will never own one.

Sure hope my wife didn't hear me....

n1vbn

Standard oil capacity on any Detroit, Cummins, Mack, Cat is 11 gallons aka 44 quarts.

The Army always seems to undersize em.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks