• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found this little guy out in the woods behind my house, 1943 M3A4!!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's awesome! good thing she spotted the tag!

This is why I get bent out of shape when Angie just starts throwing stuff out without asking me about it or even looking at it close.

zout

WOW - MD taught me a new trick. Buy something - bury it out in the back yard and let it sit for a while
to make it look worse - cover it with debris & then some day drag the wifey out there with the 4 squirrels
and tell them I will give them a few bucks to help me clean up that nasty area.

Holy crap honey - look what WE found !!

Should work.

mdmorganwife

I just don't understand how they could have just thrown it into the woods like that. I mean this is a piece of our history. Kind of makes you sick thinking about all the stuff that gets thrown out.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I just don't understand how they could have just thrown it into the woods like that. I mean this is a piece of our history. Kind of makes you sick thinking about all the stuff that gets thrown out.
Unfortunely thats the way people think now adays. There was a jeep by me that i offered the guy twice what it was worth. and he kept saying no, I said if you change your mind call me. I found out he hauled it for scrap! I said man i would have given you twice that for it, he just looked at me and said it was junk you don't want it!

:evil:

zout

Agree in its value and history. On the other hand when its time to dispose of something it just
seems worth it just to toss items instead of hassling with the BS with trying to sell stuff or trade them.

Next thing you know you made someone a heck of a deal on something - they turn around and sell it - thinking
per your converstations they wanted it to keep it. Once I toss something I never give it a second thought.

Then again - some folks just take stuff because they have materialistic tendacies - hoarders.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just wish I could find something cool like that in the woods behind my house....... oh, I forgot....... I don't have woods behind my house. Cool find Daniel and Mahala:doghead::mrgreen:

3dAngus

I just saw one of these on Pawn Stars on TV.
The owner wanted $500 to start. Rick wanted to call in an expert for what he thought was this piece of junk.
The expert came in, and said Wow! I know what this is.
He said it was worth $1500-2000???, and twice that fully restored. Price to restore about $1200

After that, the guy sold it to Rick for a mere $400
I dont understand people sometimes.

Edit: anyways, I wanted to look it up on google for value, and ended up here.
Cool beans!

3dAngus

So much for my memory...
A follow up to the restore just came on
He charged $1400, for what looked like an insanely easy restoration, and recommended no less then $2800 as a starting price minimum, for resale value.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
As usual, life has gotten in the way and I have not had the chance to get this thing pull worthy, I have taken it apart and built 2 new ribs for it, just need to weld them on, and still need to figure out what to do for an axle. I'll try to have it done by this years rally but can't promise anything.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
So I finally got around to fixing this little guy up a bit, welded in the 2 ribs I made earlier and built an axle assembly from scratch. Just gotta make the "T" bar for the front then I'm done for now.uploadfromtaptalk1440969811675.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440969844286.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440969894404.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440969935530.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That poor little puppy would have died a slow and rusty death if not for you. Looks good enough to sell back to the Government now.

3dAngus

Looks like it needs air over hydraulic brakes with a dual braking system.
Looks great Daniel. Are you going to bring it to the Georgia Rally this year?
Keep the pictures coming.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I was having vibes about this just a few days ago. Wondering how it turned out. Was looking at building a bike tired trailer to help move some things and immediately started looking at this design.

3dAngus

And you just made post number 1000.
Looks like a real fine piece of machining. Look forward to seeing it on the trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks