• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found this M37, anyone interested?

dougimes

061.jpg

Found this m37 at a salvage yard in Chippewa Falls WI. Driveable and intact. Interesting to see on in original paint.

Anyone interested I can put you in touch

monkeythumbs

PM me the info if its still available, and I'm a little curious...how does one find a M37 in WI, when your location is in SC ?

Last edited:

3dAngus

That body looks to be in very good condition. I would love to have that hardtop.
Not sure what that stuff is in the seams. Glue, gunk, filler, or discolored paint, but either way, it all looks very repairable.

And yes, I was also interested in the answer to post #5. LOL

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss must have been impressed with Ferro's M37 at the picnic. Went from not running for 15-20 years to running like a Swiss watch in 30 minutes.

zout

That's all Ferro needs is another M37 - you'll never get that smile wiped off his face. From the second he had that 37 fired up he grinned like the Cheshire cat the entire time.

OP - that is a nice looking 37 I know TWO folks that would take that immediately.

dougimes

http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/dougimes/library/?evt=email_share

I went back and shot a bunch of photos, talked to the guy a bit. The story is that the truck was used by the yard to move stuff that didn't want to be moved. Working driver. I asked him if he would drive it a hundred miles if he needed to, he said if the brakes showed some pedal, he expected it would make it ok.

Swiss seems to have first dibs. If he isn't interested, I'll leave it to him to pass along the phone number. It wouldn't serve to have a few guys calling, creating the impression it was a sellers market.

unusually complete and rust free for an uncut orignal.

The guy was talking 6k, by the way. He won't get that from the locals, and he is in the business of selling salvage, so he knows the drill.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's all Ferro needs is another M37 - you'll never get that smile wiped off his face. From the second he had that 37 fired up he grinned like the Cheshire cat the entire time.
I just used it last night to pull my Dodge 2500 and trailer out of my buddy's muddy pasture! I love that truck!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Big Thanks to Doug for sniffing out this MV and taking the time to get pictures and communicate all the details.

As usual things got complicated quickly. The owner has hearing aids and can not hear on the phone. So talking with one of the yard guys that has no authority ,you need to be on-site to talk to the man so he can hear you and bring Cash. Love these things. That being said I am not going to be able to be in the Wisconsin area in the near future.

For anyone that is local to middle Wisconsin or within driving distance that would like to have an opportunity to purchase, please PM for details on what I know and I can provide address information. Phone calls are not going to work as the owner will not pick up the phone.

Thanks Doug for all your efforts on this so far.

3dAngus

Agreed. Doug did a great job of making a new find. I love it when we try to help each other out by letting each other know whats out there.

Just between us guys here, that truck is a $2500-3000 truck with all those rust issues (and I might be being generous there). The big selling point is that it does run, and the body can be repaired by a qualified tech. Not sure about the bed though. Dunno.

I'm not such a person and needed a much better, rust free body to start with, so my job has been a great deal easier and one for a novice such as myself.
It could definitely be a trophy winner with the right person and right deep pocketbook to restore, and I hope that person comes around some day, but for now, I suspect with a $6K price tag on it, the owner wants to keep it more then he would care to sell it. One thing for sure. It's not going in the dumpster or being scrapped with a pricetag like that so we don't need to worry about losing another one.
Maybe some day...

Last edited:

Fishtail

My M715 came from that same neck of the woods, and it too has the ECS markings on the cab doors. They are military vinyl decals, so they were on before coming out of the service.

Scott