• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

found this track thingy any ideas??

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a 1930's artillery tractor. I think you found something very rare and belongs in a museum.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Definite BUY no matter what. That might be one of the museum pieces dumped in the early 70's by the APG museum (along with the only front wheel drive motorcycle) for all we know at this point.

Look at that Mack truck in the back ground. That looks to be a rare model ( model escapes me ) but I think its a very short nose conventional truck. From what I can see. You might look around there some more, you may have stumbled on to a gold mine!

powersmoke18

Ya he has allot of rare trucks. As do most of us antique truck guys. Just saw this rotting away and wanted to figure out what it is and if I could buy it.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought Holt when I first saw it but dont know enough about this type of vehicle to be sure. That is a very cool find, remember it needs to be saved, the only other person (besides us) who would give it a second glance would be a scrapper! Keep us posted please, that is a very neat vehicle!
KK

powersmoke18

If i do procure it. I would most likely take it to Sussex next year then would probably loan it to museum where people could see it. But thats only if this deal happens.

iatractor

I'm going to say it looks like a Holt. There is a remote chance that it might be a Cletrac or Monarch but Holts tended to predominate the military tractor market in the 1920's. As a bit of history, the C.L Best tractor company and Holt tractor merged in 1925 to become Caterpillar Tractor Company. Basically CL Best and Holt were rivals that never could quite nudge the other one out, and they also got involved in several lawsuits against each other. Both were neck in neck with patents on their designs. When they merged, the smaller Holts were kept, and the larger Bests were kept.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks