• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found! WWII USMC Trailer?

AaronHorrocks

I found this out in the country.
It looks like some sort of WWII USMC trailer. I've never seen something like this. But I can see a MC in yellow peeking out.
I can only guess it's some sort of a 1.5 Ton trailer. It's taller, but not as wide as my M116A2. The axle and suspension certainly doesn't look as tough.
It's missing the lights and any electrics as far as I can tell driving past. The wood sides appear to be original, and I think the only thin bubba's was the landing leg and lunette.

What is it, and how much is it worth?

AZDeuce

Aaron:

You are CORRECT that is a WWII USMC only trailer. It looks close to the Army's Ben-Hur type, but it is a completely different trailer, much more heavy duty.

This is only the second one that I have ever seen, and it is in much better shape than the one my friend owned. He towed it behind his M5H6, Int, 6x6.

I can't remember who the builder was, I keep thinking Henry Spen, or something like that. I will ask my fiend if he remembers, as a matter of fact, I'll just forward him this post, so he can see the pictures.

I hope your dragging this home it NEEDS to be SAVED!

I'm in no position to buy it as I'm up to my neck in MV projects as it is, but being a Marine I'd love to see it go to a good home and properly restored to it's Marine livery. It would look great behind a M2-4, M3-4, or a M5-6

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks