• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Four pin plug in to 11 pin plug (pic)

TJP

The bullet connectors are #16-#14, got them at checker, but I had to pinch the ends a little to make them fit tight. It should give you brake lights, turn signals and running light. Good luck on your recovery.

Last edited:

12vman

This is a great picture! I just won a M101A3 and am preparing to pick it up. What size bullet connectors did you use? Where did you get them?

the blue ones.........mine seemed to fit perfect

just rem that that hookup is temporary

wilfreeman

You have to change out the bulbs too, right? Or will the 24v burn on 12v? I went to Northern Tools today and bought a $30 set of towing lights, but hope I don't have to use them and can take them back. I'm hoping that you'll be able to see the tail lights on the Expedition so I won't need trailer tail lights. I was looking at it this afternoon, and if the trailer is 49" tall, the truck tail lights will be hidden. I've got to travel about 70 miles ( interstate and back roads, or just back roads). Will be picking up my M101a1 early next week.

TJP

Did not have to change bulbs out. Down load the pics and take them with you, follow the count from the grove and place appropriate wire color. I drove over 600 miles that way with no problems. Good luck on the recovery.

3dAngus

No, not exactly. What I wanted to know is what pin did the yellow wire go to? The green wire, the white wire, and the white with stripe. The big plug on the trailer has pins marked on it. You might need a magnifying glass to see them correctly, but you would have had to know which pin to put what color wire on.

3dAngus

3dAngus

Thanks for the diagrams A.B.C and E look like the ticket.
One thing that makes me wonder is your wiring picture does not show three adjoining pins, where A,B, and C would be next to each other.

You don't have three adjoining pins wired up, so I guess I'm wrong about the A, B, C, and E, or... the wiring is wrong on your connector. I'll look into it later. Thanks.

TJP

R Racing you are correct on pin count

There is 12 pins coming off the trailer the pics of the plug give you running and brake lights and right and left turn signals.

3dANGUS I will dig Thur my s**t tomorrow and see if I can come up with the diagram I used to put it together. Your last attachment ( diagram ) will not open for some reason.

Last edited:

wilfreeman

So what you have there is:

Green wire (right side stop/turn) --> 'J' Service stoplight (RH)
Yellow wire (left side stop/turn) --> 'B' Service stoplight (LH)
White wire (ground) --> 'D' Ground
Brown wire (Tail/marker) --> 'E' Service rear (Taillight)

Simple enough - I'll get that harness ready tomorrow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks