• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Four pin plug in to 11 pin plug (pic)

wilfreeman

I found a spare vehicle side plug in my parts trailer, so I am going to go ahead and make up a semi permanent 4 wire --> military plug. Thanks for all the info Tim

wilfreeman

I tried my new wiring harness out today. I ended up using the butte connector to military plug pin method, as the 2 military vehicle side plugs I had were too far gone. The turn signals were great, but the parking and brake lights were very dim - too dim to use safely. I know it is supposed to be for temporary use, but I just went ahead and used the towing lights instead. The trailer side plug I used was an old one, so I'm not ruling out bad wiring, plus I've been sick the last 5 days, so I'm not ruling out user error! I'll try it again tomorrow if it's nice outside. I still want to mount a military (vehicle side) plug in my bumper and the pintle where the license plate is.

mitchdaly

Trailer wiring

Got a question about the wiring for a trailer. I got another MEP-003A on a trailer this week and need to go pick it up at Meade. Got the pintle hitch already. My assumption is that the wiring for all trailers is the same as I have been reading in this thread, whether its a generator or an 1102. Am I correct? Want to make up an adapter to my 7 pin rv connector on my truck and have an extra plug ready to go with the wires and bullet connectors. Any help will be appreciated.