• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fram fuel filter C1125PL not fitting MEP-002a

blacktop_one

I ordered two Fram C1125PL fuel filters off of Amazon for my newly-acquired MEP-002A generators since that was the part number listed in the 002/003 wiki. Problem is, they are too long. I cannot get the filter housing cups to snug up to the housing. The filters that were in there are WIX 33511 which fit perfectly. According to the Fram and WIX catalogs, the heights are 3.81" and 3.622 respectively. Am I missing something here?

Guyfang

Staff member
C1125PL
149-1483
Are the two part numbers in the army manual. So you should have the right filter. How about the the "O" ring? did you take out the old one and replace it with a new one? How much space is between the filter head and filter housing?

blacktop_one

Yep. removed the old o-ring and put the new one in. There's about 1/8-1/4" between the cup and housing. See the attached photos for the difference in filter sizes.filter1.jpgfilter2.jpg

jamawieb

The housing pic looks right to me, that's how all mine fit. There is a spring at the bottom of the housing the puts force on the filter to keep pressure on it. Fram 1125pl are the correct numbers. I've bought several generators that were NOS that had the Fram C-1125pl numbers stenciled into the housings from the factory.

blacktop_one

Thanks for the info on the spring. Apparently (like the rest of the fuel system) it was so gummed up down there in the cup that the plate/spring was stuck in place. Had to get ugly with it, but it finally broke free. Now, onto the oil system!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks