• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fred Williams has another CUCV - Check out the cool video from Dirt Everyday segment

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no need to post every MV on Utube on SS.

If you had questions or comments about it,, it might have been interesting and worth posting.

fcfred

I'm glad you like the show, and I'm sorry some of you don't like it, but hey, thanks for the feed back! the Alabama Army Truck is done for now, but it may get some different upgrades in the future.

K9Vic

Thank you Fred for doing another CUCV truck and putting it on your show. I love what you did to the truck even if you did not stick with a diesel.
Additionally the last episode was great with the off-road Pace Arrow camper, LOL!.

I just noticed that I did not post the last part of this series, so here it is to keep up with the flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EpLwnAyhXU

fcfred

alabama army truck bumper.jpg hey guys, I did another upgrade to the Alabama Army truck, I wanted a winch mount that looked like it would have from the factory. What do you think? I realize that if it was mil-spec the Warn would be covered in green also....

K9Vic

Looks great Fred and thanks for sharing. I like how you build out the stock brush guard and integrated it into the winch mount, looks factory to me.

Since the truck is already so modified, does not bother me that it is black. I have a winch on my M1031 and Suburban CUCV clone that are black.

Oh, and BTW, where are the LED lightbars on your truck.rofl

TCUCV

Great job Fred on the build, I'm looking forward to some more videos of this truck now that it's mostly finished. I almost sold my M1008 but after watching your videos I decided to hold on to this beast, well and seeing it in the January issue readers rides!

ssdvc

View attachment 466978 hey guys, I did another upgrade to the Alabama Army truck, I wanted a winch mount that looked like it would have from the factory. What do you think? I realize that if it was mil-spec the Warn would be covered in green also....
Hey Fred, what is the part number for that brush guard please? Could you post more pictures of it? Looking for a winch mounting solution for my Blazer.

richingalveston

I love the truck, my only suggestion would be to do a tranny swap for the next upgrade so you can actually get all that engine power to the road. The TH400 is strong but it is killing that high HP motor that you installed.

every one here would love to see an episode on the tranny swap.

Skinny

Looks awesome...I dig the OEM military brush guard integration. I would question it's strength for such a big winch and heavy truck though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks