• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free but powerful web based bookmarking site for sharing our bookmarks

remj540

I’m a newbie and I’m just amazed the knowledge you all collectively have and share. Being a newbie I don’t have any knowledge about my M35A2 but I want to contribute any way I can and not just take.
In my job I do a lot of research and use a VERY powerful free web based bookmarking tool called Delicious. I know the name is strange but don’t let that fool you. Saving bookmarks the old way you would have to save them to the computer that you’re on. Delicious allows you to access your bookmarks from any computer with internet connection. To add a bookmark to your personal Delicious bookmarking site: when you find a web page you'd like to save and then click on the Delicious bookmark button in your browser or the Delicious link on the webpage. You'll then be prompted for information about the page. You can add descriptive terms called tags, which will group similar links together. You can also modify the title of the page, and add extended notes for yourself or for others.
The powerful part about Delicious is that you can access, and share your bookmarks with others, you can see their bookmarks on the same subject tags (think of tags as labels). As an example - when I bookmark a site with Delicious I can access my bookmark from any computer, I can see the total number of other Delicious users who have also bookmarked the site, I can click into each users book marks and see their bookmarks. I’m sure you can image how much time is saved using this free social bookmarking service.
The only negative part of it is that you have to have a yahoo mail account but I made a yahoo mail account a few years ago and haven’t used the mail account since.

To signup go to www.delicious.com

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks