• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free Fuel for the Deuce?

Josh

Yeah, I video would be great. If your compressor cannot supply enough air then how is it operating at above specified flow?

If you have a decent shop with 'standard' garage tools then yeah, you can get down to less than $500. But if you have a wimpy compressor then you are looking at an electric motor. And how do you get the oil?

Just saying you spend $150 to filter does not include getting the oil (remote pump?) Storage?

You probably have more money into it than you realize.

I spent $30 to 'filter'. And $200 on tanks. $30 on piping. $25 on an oil pump. $50 on a barrel pump. About $50 on paper towels. Fittings, hose, pipe clamps etc etc that puts me just under $500 and I have a rather complete garage.
The compressor has enough capacity to keep the pump up at above max PSI input for about a 7 gallons. Since I filter directly into 5 gallon cans to pour into my truck( my filter system not near where I can get the truck). By the time I carry the fuel over and pour it in the tank, the compressor has recovered and I can start the next batch. Takes me longer to walk the oil to the truck then it does to filter it.

Also I pick the oil from my brothers work, using the deuce, and I just have the drums sitting outside, and inside my garage. Right now I have about 12 drums full sitting around awating to be used.

If you really want to be technical, yes you can include the cost of the tires that wear and tear from driving the few miles to pick up the oil.

The way I see it, every 13 tanks of fuel I use, I can buy a new deuce. So either way I come out ahead.

rolling18

I would say there estimate is way off. On a mid 50's day, I can fill a jerrycan in 1-2 minutes max with that pump. I filter it right into 5 gallon cans then into the truck as my aircompressor cant keep up with the pump. I should be needing to refill my saturday, Ill gladly make ya a video if I remember.

Btw, Im into my entire filter setup less then 150 bucks(no including replacement filters) and have ran almost 1200gallons of WMO through it. I replace my $11 filter every 2-3 drums depending on the line pressure. Works out to be aproximetly 4 cents a gallon.
i want to begin doing this as well !!
do you have any pictures of your setup"?
where do you buy the filters?
im in Portland as well !!

i have nothing yet i need to buy my whole setup

oddshot

Cheap is relative. A good filter system with a decent capacity looks like you will spend about $800- $1,000.

Unless you are in the boonies and can have dozens of 55 gallon drums laying about, you need tanks. $100 a pop. A good motor and transfer pump $250, and a filter setup $50-500. Then you need the fuel itself. A deuce makes a great hauler.

Yes you can go cheap... but you will have to live with the results.

And even a gallon of spilled oil is a PITA to clean up.
I gotta say ... Paul is pretty close for a system that can do a safe, clean, fast job.

I got $250 in a pump, $100 in the H/P pickup hose, about $$150 on filters and their bases, and probably another $100 in intake line, plumbing bits and gauges.

I ain't counting the motor ... I got a fresh built 5 HP Tecumseh. Its gotta be worth $100.

My pump/filter unit does bulk pickups FAST ... 50 gallons is REAL quick.

I mix/cut the WMO with gasoline or diesel and pump/filter into my storage when I get home.

Paul is off, however, on his estimates of storage containers.

I can get 55 gallon drums for about $12.00 and big plastic totes run from $60 to $80 down here in NoGa .... but I have picked up a LOT of WMO in FREE drums, simply because I have a hoist/lift to pick them up and put them in the bed.

True ... I only got 5,000 + miles on my truck ... but it is almost daily driven and I've run it since I bought it on WMO.

Don't let nobody tell you picking up bulk WMO is easy. It ain't. Not if you are doing a clean, safe, job of it.

There ain't no free lunch ...

but it can be "low cost"!

oddshot

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks