• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free Hard Top

AN/ARC186

Every once in a while I get lucky. Scored this for free. Many Thanks to SRODOCKER for going with and helping me pick it up and install it.
Took it apart at the weatherstripping and sealed it up with RTV to keep the rain out. some new hardware to bolt it down and it's ready to go.
Should have the dome lights mounted this week,one red one white, just have to finish building a new overhead mount for them.

Also got the 2nd NATO connector installed, the two pin is new from Saturn Surplus and is tied into the 12 volt system, the one pin (Thanks CARNAC!) is set up for 24 volt slave. Once I get the painting done they will be clearly marked.

This much fun must be illegal !!

Attachments

AN/ARC186

Got the overhead console built and the lights installed. Also installed a map light from a UH-1N while I was at it. Now I can actually see without fishing around for a flashlight! These light are switched with the foot well lights I installed earlier. This will also give me a good location to mount other switches and controls as needed.
Next on the list, narrowing the passenger seat to make room for the comm pedestal.

Attachments

srodocker

soooo sweet!!! yea np for helping you! you know anytime you need some extra hands to work on the deuce im there. Cant wait to get a deuce....i saw a shooting star does that help??

stampy

AGGGGHHH you SUCK! HOW lucky are you! Seriously the top looks great! I just wish it was on my deuce. Was the dome light insert a stock thing or something you built or aftermarket? It's cool:-D

stampy

Sorry I have to start reading for comprehension! Any chance you would build more of those center light console units for resale?

AN/ARC186

I built this one from some scrap steel angle and flat stock I had lying around.
Wouldn't be too hard to whip up another one. PM me for lighting configuration and such.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks